Alliance

"Empress Feyore has committed suicide and ended her life by hanging herself with white silk, this appears too lousy of an excuse to dismiss the death of the Empress mother of Ambrose. Does husband has any intel on it?" Lilith in the night itself was informed by her close aide that a letter from Ambrose had arrived and thus her heart was keen on hearing what was truly happening in the empire while they were thousands of miles away.

"Prince Baez, Princess Quare or Emperor Alexander.....Empress Feyore would have been eventually killed by one of them. Its just that the circumstances have developed as such that it happens to be Alexander." Azarios looked at the white marble case in Lilith's hands and had an expression of neither happiness nor sorrow yet a strange pleasure that was somewhat never seen before appeared in those onyx irises.

"Why does wife interest herself so much with Feyore? Or is it for her highness Saintess?" There used to be a gentle way in which Azarios always enquired about his mother earlier yet upon close inspection these days those irises had a burning resolve that made Lilith unable to see past his facade, thus she clutched his fingers before speaking.

"Husband Lord is not wrong, her majesty Saintess would be pleased now that Empress mother Feyore is dead but so would you, one would want you to meet her soon. Earlier this one had expressed my desire to her that husband really adores her and would want to meet her.

She responded in affirmation, it might take a while yet she sent her regards for you till then."

General Azarios's and Saintess Helixis's relationship was more potent than any bond that could even be forged in iron. The representative of the goddess and her son that was magnificently blessed, but now that it came down to such turbulent times Azarios's patience had long evaporated into thin air.

"Sent regards? This one is the General of Ambrose and she is the master of Grevian empire, what could her highness possibly send to this one that would make one sway." There was no hostility yet an alienation in those words as if a deafening silence before the storm.

Lilith did not know how to respond thus she gently opened the snow marble case to give it to the beast of Ambrose. It was an exquisite-looking earring for one earlobe for a male, embellished with a vermillion diamond that was dangling from the hook made from black gold- the insignia of Grevian. This was the diamond found in the earth when the first temple for the goddess was being constructed and could only be touched by the Saintess herself.

It represented her and her purity of blood, even Lilith wasn't able to touch the earrings thus she brought it within the case that Helixis bestowed along with it.

"Azarios...I know that your mother has been absent for most of your life but that doesn't encompass that she is unfeeling-" Her words were swallowed when a punishing kiss was pressed to her lips.

He was pleased

Just that he was pleased for a reason Lilith could not even fathom.

_______________________________________________________________

Beauties from far-off regions entered the empire of Ambrose now that it was King Baez that was the new monarch and the previous emperor's body disappeared without a trace, some said that he was executed by his brother, others that had never witnessed such a scene said that it was Princess Quare that gave poison to her eldest sibling.

Blood was always considered sacred in all six empires and even though the battle of succession ended lives, children from the same mother were said to have been always aligned together. Now that only King Baez and his sister Quare were present in the kingdom others assumed that it would be peaceful.

Darrin's king Blanc had been given compensation of his daughter's death by removing Alexander and then offering duty free trade in the capital of Ambrose thus now even Darrin was an ally. Princess Nevix- the Sultana of the Great Eastern deserts was informed that the person who colluded with Darrin for nefarious purpose was dead and Ambrose would always remain neutral in the fight between Darrin and Great Eastern Deserts.

Maybe the Sultana was not satisfied or she did not took the entire fiasco to heart thus she never responded back and maintained her distance but that was not sufficient to quench the suspicious in the new monarch's heart, Baez was naturally cunning thus he felt that Nevix would not let this go so easily and finally extended his hands to Darrin for a closer relationship.

"Every relationship can be discarded, its only the closest ones that a person retains even in difficult times. King Blanc is still able and courageous, thus this Emperor would like to offer one's precious sister as a consort to the monarch of Darrin." Baez said it lightly, all the while not being overbearing...if King Blanc did not wished for such a relation then imposing it on him would do more worse than good.

"What season is the princess this year again?" If it was anyone else they would have fumed with how rude the question was, even though Darrin was a barbaric kingdom still how could their King indirectly say such words- it was as if he was saying that women above twenty seasons were old and could not be wedded well thus he was doing a favor to Ambrose, yet at this moment Baez smiled.

"Imperial sister is your daughter Gianna's age, would that suffice as an answer."

Invisible swords and poisonous words were hidden at the back because the biggest threat for Ambrose- Gaerin was still standing victoriously and maybe that General's wife was the Empress. Baez could not lose to a woman.