Season 1- Epilogue :Lovers or bloodborne enemies?

Golden oil in the lamp that burned with a sweet fragrance failed to make her fall asleep as it was only natural for Lilith to worry since Azarios had not returned for the night. Black stone of humongous size from the deep oasis of Great Eastern Deserts was kept infront of the her as the demoness sharpened her husband's silver blade on it with such an elegance and grace that it looked like the watery fluid movements were creating magic.

The black stone was known for its hard coarse surface that had small particles of silica turned into lethal glass shards. It could embed itself deep into the skin and even amputate the limbs but for swordsmen it was a rare treasure since a blade sharped on it would be the most dangerous and could even pierce walls thus the merchants had to wrap it in eight layers of thick bamboo poles before using a caravan of fifty camels and a huge manpower to drag it across the desert area.

Lilith had always felt that Azarios was an unknown entity by observing the deep yet extravagant world that he had created for himself. She was earlier wary but with the due coarse of time had started trusting him and could not turn a blindside to his sincerity. She could not deny now that her heart did thrummed erratically when it came to him, that she indeed liked him more and more everyday.

Even today when he was away to his work she could not fall asleep without his presence. He had become an integral part of her life and she had unknowingly let him in.

Ambers sparked from the sword that she held whenever it came it contact with the polishing stone and the platinum blade was soon given a dark edge. Their life seemed to be a personification of this, Azarios was the blade and she, the empress, his wife was the sharp edge.

Lilith was lost in her thoughts and did not focused on the chilly winter wind until a voice broke her out from the stupor.

"Tulip?"

"Husband lord!" The ink clothing released the aroma of the morning dew with a ounce of smoke and cool pine fluttered as he man swiftly took off the thick fabric and covered Lilith in its hold. Azarios earlier took a bath in the lake before coming home, he did not wished to carry an ounce of evil to Lilith. The clothes were changed and even the previous military boots that he wore to assassinate Countess Jillian were discarded.

Azarios did not informed Lilith that Countess Jillian was dead because tomorrow she will know about it eventually, did not told that his shadow guards dragged the dead woman into the chamber of the Empress that colluded with her, he remained silent for a while and pulled her closer burying his face in the delicate curve of her shoulders.

"You did not even informed me about your endeavors, this one was worried." Shy fingers that looked fragile trembled as Lilith embraced him.

"Has the little empress gone silly from worrying then? Why stay outside in this cold weather, you might even fall sick on this general."

"Its you who is silly!"

Azarios laughed merrily before holding up the fiery empress and taking her inside his chambers. Not everyone can manage such a tigress in their inner courtyard since she can only be conquered with utmost love and nothing else so Azarios remembered to shower her with plenty.

"Say whom you bullied today? This husband would help you in getting revenge if they tried to retaliate, only my wife can bully others and they must take it as a grace and privilege that you targeted them."

Lilith looked behind, her head moving little by little till she can crane her neck all the way possible, at the chamber doors like a confused child as Azarios went past it with her held up on his one arm and clutched to the chiseled chest.

"I- this one bullied the wife of the imperial grandmaster...the audacity of that old woman to give this empress a lecture on extending family branches by bringing in other woman, if this one would have been in Gaerin then would have asked the soldiers to first whip ten times before throwing' her into the wolf's cage.."