Death

"This princess wished it was true." Nevix dare not cry as she looked at her brother Rial who sighed in turn.

"It would be one day and sister should not lose hope. Although the information given by General Casagon was all falsified and a play by Princess Lilith one does not understand how General Casagon arrived so fast. It was only yesterday you informed this prince of what Princess Lilith's plans were."

Crown Prince Rial could not fathom how can a person cover the distance between the Great Eastern Deserts and Daxtros in a single day...it was impossible. It could only be done if the person was living close to the borders of Daxtros.

"Princess Lilith told this one that her plans were long consolidated and General Casagon was situated in the temple near Daxtros to protect someone. Yesterday she sent a falcon to inform the General and thus he could arrive here today." Princess Nevix did not meet General Casagon for now since Lilith advised her against it.

General Casagon and his soldiers were situated in the Sea courtyard which was heavily spied upon by the emperor who feared his own safety just like princess Lilith predicted. Even Rial was inside Nevix's courtyard from where servants walking by could watch them sitting together yet not listen to their conversation.

Prince Rial frowned before his eyes widened in shock.

No

"What did Princess told you before asking you to call this one here?!" If was as if a bolt of lightning struck his heart which made it tremble.

"She told me only one thing to be said to you- 'Refuse.'

B-Brother why are you looking at this one as such-"

Before the words could be uttered completely a horrified scream of a woman resonated throughout the imperial palace startling the servants and soldiers that hurried in the direction.

"PRINCESS! Your majesty the emperor is murdered!

Crown Prince Liason killed his majesty!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Concubines of King Qiza kowtowed and cried endlessly to express their sorrow at the death of the monarch infront of his corpse yet in reality most of them had already understood the depth of the fight for the throne and its outcome thus they did not even dare to breathe a bit harshly. Imperial physicians came and checked for the outcome of death and declared that Emperor Qiza was stabbed.

In any normal circumstances a funeral would have been announced yet at this moment none cared about the death but of the new emperor.

"THIS PRINCE HAS NOT KILLED IMPERIAL FATHER!" Princess Lilith along with Gaerin's ministers, General Casagon of Eastern Deserts and all other ministers were present in the imperial court without a person presiding over it when Prince Rial arrived.

"His highness Prince Rial" Even the servant that announced the name himself altered the previous 'duke' title and called Rial a 'prince' thus in the hearts of people it was almost sealed that he was the future emperor.

Crown Prince Rial looked at Princess Lilith for a moment before he watched his stepbrother who was struggling in the hold of soldiers.

"IMPERIAL BROTHER ONE HAS NOT KILLED FATHER!" The scream echoed throughout the gigantic court yet silence prevailed since none of the ministers or people believed him.

"This prince also thinks that Liason has not killed imperial father." When such words escaped Prince Rial's mouth Lilith couldn't help but let her eyes shine with pleasure.

Indeed this person did not disappoint her.

While the demoness calmly listened, others were shocked. These two princes were fighting for the throne thus how was it possible that Prince Rial would let such a great opportunity go.

Moreover in these circumstances, there were only two suspects- it was either Prince Rial or Prince Liason. According to the investigation since morning no other people met the emperor except the princes yet when one looked closely upon killing the emperor neither of the princes gained much, furthermore when the emperor was killed Prince Rial was with princess Nevix and his allied Eastern Deserts soldiers were in the heavily guarded courtyard thus none has escaped outside.

"Prince Liason is young yet this prince would like to ask the ministers what fool would murder the emperor and stay in the chambers to only be found. Its clear that someone wished to frame the prince and had committed such heinous crime."

Watching Prince Rial's benevolence the ministers who had their doubts too somewhat approved of him.

"Then what does the prince suggest must be done?" The Prime Minister of Daxtros asked to which Rial sighed.

"We cannot let Prince Liason free until the investigation is completed thus one would ask the soldiers to take him to his chambers and not let the prince out until anything is discovered." Wonderment reflected in the eyes of the Prime Minister that was silent before bowing a little.

"Prime Minister and the generals, this prince would request you to stop and investigate with this one. One needs to find the real perpetrator."

As such the imperial court was thrown into chaos yet Rial could not help but steal a glance at Lilith. Earlier when he had found about that the princess of Gaerin had been given to Qiza as a bride, he felt empathy yet at this moment he could not help but feel bitter. Princess Lilith was a treasure.

Those violet irises of him looked a little before he bowed them down to immerse in work.

He did what Lilith had asked him- Refused the involvement of Prince Liason.

A/N: I guess three or four chapters max are left~