Grevian

I don't know what happened but I could only see half chapter previously, nevermind I published it once again💖

Crushed flower petals were ground into a fragrant paste that closely resembled a glimmering piece of rose jade, salts from the lakes of northwestern mountains were laid in porcelain cups to smoothen the bride's feet that was soon to be seated inside a seven-horse carriage and sent to an empire on the far east as an imperial consort of Darrin.

Nobility and official families had praised the filial love between the monarch and his sister when King Baez made Princess Quare's dowry equal to twenty carriages filled with gold, thirty chests filled with silver and announced a royal banquet in the honor of the princess and princess Quare too had expressed her duty to the motherland thus she was ready to be wedded to King Blanc of Darrin for the strengthening of the relationships between the two empires.

"Princess, this servant.....this servant belevies this marriage alliance is not good, one still has time thus this servant can go and plead with his majesty the emperor to forgive one's impudence and consider your heart-" crowns judded with white diamonds embellished with layers of gold was decorated in the ravine hair of the princess of Ambrose as she smiled gently stopping the words of her close maid, the smile was soon morphed into an ugly expression.

"If you haven't had followed this princess since birth, one would have ordered the guards to behead you right at this moment, It was emperor brother who had saved this one from getting betrothed to Prince Ragel all those years ago, now this princess has lost prime of my life and could not become a noble wife at all, its all emperor brother's thinking to still elivate one to the position of an imperial consort and soon a queen.

One was born to become an empress, after so many years when the opportunity arises why would this princess be unwilling? So to say such trecherous words one punishes you with a salary deduction of four months, do not let her enter one's chambers anymore, dismissed!"

When such words were said the personal servant of Quare drove the maid away rebuking and scolding heavily. There were no sounds for moments to come as the princess opened a little gold box of rogue gifted by one of the emperor's concubines before gently applying it onto her cheeks gently and unhurridedly as if she wished to appear most magnificent on her wedding.

"Your highness this servant followed that maid quietly, as your majesty said...it was indeed his majesty the Emperor who had sent her."

The female had earlier felt astonishment in her heart when Princess Quare racked her brains for such an insignificant maid and drew her out but now that the things were unfolding as such it was just too obvious that Emperor Baez did not wished for Princess Quare to escape this marriage in any way possible and was also testing her loyalty to him.

If she passed then he shall continue using her as his chesspeice and would pretend to have a sacred brotherly bond, in case she had other thoughts then her ending would be similar to that of Alexander.

Each of the sons and the daughter borne by Emperess mother Feyore were cruel and cold-blooded, Baez wished to make use of Quare to the most but how come the princess be willing to become a sacrifice.

"Princess then what must be done now? Is there nothing your majesty can do to escape this bleak future?" Raged irises that had blood swirling in them looked into the mirror as she smiled making the servant step back in fear.

"Brother has done so much for this one, how can one not return his majesty's kindness. Hurry up and clean the chambers, emperor brother must be on his way here." As if it was a forseen prophecy, Emperor Baez's coming was soon announced by the princess' guard that was stationed in front of her pavallion.

"Imperial sister, heavens have blessed you look extremely pleasing." There was some hesitation in Baez's heart regarding Princess Quare. Being her brother it was him that had known her since birth thus he felt suspicious of her agreeing to the alliance on the grounds of protecting the motherland. Both she and him were people full of ambitions and shall never sacrifice their lives for such a cause. But now that she told the maid her wish to become the empress, it was truly understandable.

Afterall women were such creatures, to follow luxury and seek love they could do everything.

"Withdraw" Princess Quare rose and sent the servants inside the chambers out so as to talk to Baez.

"Brother....one has heard what Alexander said at last...is that true?"

"Quare.....late imperial father had always been cold to mother and his children, so to think that he had a relationship with Her highness Saintess is not far fetching, afterall an emperor has thousands of beauties." When those words were spoken there was some disturbing glint in the male's irises that reflected hatred.

"An emperor can also have multiple children brother."

"QUARE!" It was as if someone had touched the deepest wound of the male as his eyes glared daggers, if it wasn't for her usefulness Princess Quare would have been strangled to death by him.

"I-Imperial brother......t-this sister was wrong! One was only thinking about your wellbeing." When tear droops trailed from the cerulean irises Baez did calmed down from his fury as he held her shoulders gently.

"Imperial father only had a pair of sons and one daughter....remember that." After that the emperor left shortly and Princess Quare called her personal maid in.

"Princess...is it true? Or is it that this servant had reported wrongly?"

"Brother hides well from this one, its just that this princess is not willing to be defeated as such. Upon watching his face that could not hide the disgust and fear....one is certain that the information is correct- General Azarios is her highness Saintess' son and this one's half sibling...if brother Baez cannot give this one what one wants then its time one break all relations with him."