Clash

"Y-Your highness-""AAAHGH!"

The male roared in rage before wreacking the jade table to the ground as such it was reduced to thousands of fragments.

"KNEEL!" Soldiers trembling in trepidation were soon kowtowing endlessly as did the women inside the tent to serve the emperor, nobody cared if their head that was hitting the ground continuously and was producing blood as they kept punishing themselves to quell the wrath of the monarch.

Baez had never felt such unfathomable rage.Princess Quare whom he swore to kill with his own hands died insignificantly and then he could not even extract the information he wished to from her.

It was nothing but openly instigating him like this was like looking down on his entire being.

That woman from Gaerin took him for a fool!Baez whose face contorted to that of a hideous monster waved his fingers for his shadow guard to emerge and soon gut-wrenching screams were echoing throughout the imperial palace of the Great Eastern deserts.

Servants, maids and members of delegation seemed to have been frozen when soldiers informed of such to the imperial court, the Sultan and the Sultana known for their benevolence weresilent and Sultan Zexzerus' one expression was enough to command them all to not bother. Such ruthlessness brought chills to the onlookers.

The wails were heartwrenching and a person was being subjected to torture but the monarchs did not even frown.Strangely what followed those wails was a horrific music that was played on the water borne instrument of the nine-step mountains.

A woman who seemed to be delicately carved out of porcelain was dressed in vibrant phoenix fabric that seemed to be inflamed by hues of red and golden.

Her enchanting smile made the instrument produce melody that was sweet yet poisonous. It was just that her smile was invisible to the world as she had a veil covering half of her face such that only those honeyed irises were visible.

Soon the torturous wails halted yet the music of the female continued as her tears and blood mingling with her sorrow and helplessness that she once felt were essensed in the music, she never got one single opportunity in her life to hold her imperial father's fingers and tell him that it was her that failed to understand his sincerity.

That it was her wilful behavior which saw that her father differentiated between Yialos and her.

That it was her who was wrong.

Never had the privilege to tell her heart to her mother, that she indeed liked being a pampered princess unaware of the workings of the world.

That she would love for her mother to scold her for stealing sweets from the glass jar and then joyfully bicker.

The music turned harmonious yet there was a sense of mocking and laughing at someone that was at their lowest, it was a sense of elation and mirth that one obtained when there was destruction and catastrophe.

It was a daughter asking her heavenly parents if they looked down from the pure celestial palace and saw the punishments that she bestowed to the ones that forced their lives to be sad and lonely,with pain and anguish.

It was the ethereal war goddess that laughed merrily as her irises shone with a twisted dark pleasure as she played a water instrument after years.

"Your highness empress had not seen wrongly." Meza looking at Archduke Aeon whispered slowly as she saw Emperor Baez from distance entering their pavillion with numerous attendants, each having a jewel embellish box with velvet fur in their hands.

As if sensing his disgusting presence Lilith's eyelids dropped before they closed in serinity as she played enchantingly the last piece of the song.

Didn't she pledged that there would be no songs sung by her until she drinks blood and taste flesh of those that harmed her.

Look at your daughter, mother goddess, behold the sight of a lost, defeated and crushed woman taking her vengeance.

"Your majesty Empress, there is a dog that is barking at the door, what must this archduke do?"

The fingers stopped and molten gold eyes glimmered slowly waking up from a drunk stupor.

Lilith laughed a little and seemed to be in a joyous mood.

"Let him in."Aeon for the first time showed signs of impatience and extitement as he straightforwardly guided the male inside the chambers enveloped in layers of snow white drapes, they were meant to keep the sand of the deserts at bay but right now they were only barriers that stopped the male from looking at the woman sitting inside.

"Your highness Baez has taken such efforts to visit this Empress, one is deeply honoured." The male gritted his teeth before smiling elegantly.

"Not only this Emperor wished to visit your highness but also had unforgettable gifts to offer. There were sixteen boxes that the servants carried and only one was especially handed over to Archduke Aeon for him to take it to Lilith.

When the sixteen boxes were slowly kept on the ground the servants as they tried not to tremble, looked away while the female servants screamed in fear. It had intestines, limbs various dismembered parts of a human body. The one especially carried by Baez had the head of Prince Ragel.

What Baez hated most was people thinking that something had an advantage over him.

Baez waited for the Empress to cry out and be afraid. Afterall wasn't it Prince Azarios that guided her so without his presence what would she do........but there was an uncomfortable feeling in his heart- why was there an absolute silence? Why did she not say anything? and above all where was Azarios?

Exquisite fingers that gently held onto the curtains distracted the male and his smile disappeared.The first thing that reflected in those murky irises of Emperor Baez that looked enraged was an exquisite fairy that was both elegant and enigmatic with the demeanor of a royal.

Rage disappeared and Baez took a step back as if he could not even fathom if it was really her........it was her... it was Semeara that was infront of him. Those beautiful irises....he dared not forget.

"Semeara......."

If it was another person then they might have said something yet the female kept quiet as if looking at a child that did not understood anything.

Silence prevailed for minutes where Baez waited for her to respond to his query but she calmly looked at him.

"Why is the princess not responding to this Emperor?"

"From which eye did the Emperor saw her majesty as a common princess? And upon that too a woman that died four years ago with plague."

"You- You are..........Empress Lilith but you resemble......how can Semeara be dead." The veil was gently taken off and a servant came forward with a golden plaque for the Empress to keep her fabric in that.

"How- How do you........impossible!"

"Princess Semeara.....this one will warn you for once and last. Ambrose is in turbulent times now and is dangerous. You must think judicially before embarking on a journey with this prince to be wedded to my brother."

"Those were the words you said to this Empress when one was in midst of chaos in Gaerin four years ago."

"You should come to this Prince if you encounter any difficulties, Ambrose is a place full of deep webs and if her highness feels insecure, this prince would never refuse the princess."

" This was when Prince Baez's first advice to this one.... There was no Semeara... It has always been this Empress that you have known. "