~CONSPIRACY 3~

REGENT- When the monarch is a child/ not a child but sick/ unable to act due to some circumstance he appoints a very high-ranking official (most probably his trusted aide or family member) to take decisions on his behalf. Such a person is called Regent King/ Regent Queen(i.e a temporary king or queen)

Prince Rial who was earlier reduced to the status of Duke was seated on the lower level of seats beneath the three princes of Daxtros' empire and smiled as if waiting for something when an entourage of sturdy men with masculine built entered the imperial court.

"This General greets his majesty, King Qiza." Pearls, diamonds, and precious gemstones that the empire had never seen were encrusted in the necklaces that those soldiers wore, magnificence and splendor incomparable to any other nation was what the Great eastern Deserts possessed.

People of Daxtros believed that her highness Princess Nevix was married to the land of Barbarians yet the reality was that Eastern Deserts was more prosperous than any of the Daxtros, Gaerin or Ambrose. Only the island nation of Grevian that Her highness Saintess Helixis ruled was comparable. Emperor Qiza felt uncomfortable in his heart upon the visit of General Casagon.....they left Nevix here so now why?

All the soldiers bowed a little yet their leader did not bend his head. General Casagon of Great Eastern Deserts was considered the Regent till Sultan Zexzerus would not come back from his comatose state. Thus the General's power at this moment was no less than a monarch.

"Welcome! This emperor is pleased to have the mighty General to my kingdom. To what one owed the pleasure that the General himself came instead of sending a subordinate?"

"Replying to his majesty Sultan Zexzerus has woken up and we are here to escort our Sultana back." The court fell into an uproar as soon as those words were uttered and the ministers tried to avoid the emperor's eye.

He had committed a sin.

Queen Caronisia was the daughter of the previous Prime Minister and had formidable influence that could never be diminished. King Qiza framed the Prime Minister while declaring him a traitor fearing the rising power and gave the punishment of death.

What did the Queen do? Queen Caronisia helped her family escape across the borders of the Great Eastern deserts thus the emperor threw her in cold palace, yet the reality was that Emperor Qiza dared not kill the Queen and thus separated her from the main palace keeping her under house arrest.

He then removed Crown Prince Rial from his position and replaced his title to a duke. Crown Prince Rial had thousands of supporters and removing him was frowned upon heavily yet the only reason why Emperor Qiza could show such courage was because he miscalculated.

Empress Caronisia was Princess Nevix's mother for whom Princess Nevix pleaded thousands of times, For Prince Rial she tried to move Emperor Qiza's heart in numerous ways. The Sultana that had the power to command sixteen militaries had to plead to an emperor of a small country, also It was known far and wide how precious Nevix was to the Sultan.

Now when Zexzerus had risen he would know about how his beloved wife's mother and brother were wronged.

Also know how she was insulted.

WAR

It could lead to the extermination of Qiza if he did not act swiftly.

The monarch and the ministers grasped the situation clearly yet the current Crown Prince Liason who felt raged did not understand the predicament he was in completely thus he replied in arrogance.

"This Crown Prince is pleased to hear such auspicious piece of information yet one cannot help but think- wasn't imperial sister Nevix called a cursed star since birth?

Later it was only with her highness Saintess Helixis's blessings that her curse was converted to a blessing. Now when Saintess Helixis has disappeared and is rumored to have lost her godly abilities, how can princess's fortune be so good so to make Emperor Zexzeus rise back."

Gasps were heard all around as nobles did not believe what were they hearing. Such impudent words towards the Saintess and the Sultan...even going as far as to mention the taboo incident of Princess Nevix being cursed.

Crown Prince Liason was foolish enough to cross all limits yet his question was legitimately something to think upon.

"This General wondered who was the noble person courageous and sharp enough to even replace Crown Prince Rial, now one is assured that it was his highness prince Liason. Replying to your question- her highness Saintess Helixis has personally sent a gift for Princess Nevix. One does not know what sources told Prince that her majesty Saintess has lost her godly capabilities yet one assures you.....this General met with the Saintess and her entire empire was flourishing under her.

Although she did isolate from the kingdoms she did not see worthy of her attention yet The Great Eastern Deserts's Sultana was always the noblest woman with blessings from the goddess."

A box carved out of jade from the Sillian river was presented to King Qiza whose fingers trembled upon looking at the black lotus insignia on the jade box. Indeed that carving was from the holy temple and was by her majesty Saintess.

Upon opening the ornamented compartment there was a necklace that shore so brightly that it almost blinded Emperor Qiza with greed.

"Tears of goddess!" He could not help but exclaim in shock making Crown Prince Liason stand up without any norm and look at the jewelry that was inside. A thousand year old treasure that only her highness Saintess can wear.

She gifted it to Nevix.

Wasn't that a symbolic that she supported the princess, in turn also acknowledge her brother- Rial's right to sit upon the throne.