Prince Baez

A vase made of precious golden soil found in northwestern regime encrusted with blue sapphire stones was broken into thousands of small fragments. It was only an insignificant thing in comparison to the artifacts and luxurious materials from all over the empires that was destroyed in rage.

Prince Baez was sitting amidst of rubbles and ruins and felt an unfathomable hatred.

First it was Gaerin that stopped the war all of a sudden making his dear elder brother, Emperor Alexander have a breath of relief, if the war continued like it was then not only Gaerin would utterly defeat Ambrose but also the empire of Gaerin would itself collapse in the upcoming year, his plan was so perfect to let the two snakes fight until death and when nothing was left he would have came forward to unite the two lands with his secret forces and emerge as the monarch.

But no, they instead went quiet all of a sudden, later Prime Minister Zhan, that chess piece whom he have cultivated over the years to sacrifice at the end and use his resources for himself broke free from him and his daughter that was the key to attain a huge chunk of political power by giving her to General Azarios was banished.

Three years.....it took his spies three years to infiltered the imperial palace of The Great Eastern Deserts and send him the secrets of the empire, all he could gain was that the Emperor Zerzerus was in a comatose state and a sacred ritual overseen by the Grand Saintess was done in the imperial gardens, contrary to everyone's belief Princess Nevix, who was betrothed to the Emperor of The Great Eastern deserts was in love with him and the ritual was especially done by her.

Then why even though she loved the Emperor and saw that the Prime Minister Zhan's mansion had the same ritual repeated which was completely prohibited did not informed to the authorities,......why did she let him off the hook?

He had did such a through planning to copy the sacred structure of the gardens, did everything to sow disharmony between Ambrose's emperor Alexander and Daxtros Princess Nevix, then why was everything getting out of his hand?

And the last threat to his sanity had snapped today, Countess Jillian was declared insane and crazed by the imperial edict. She said that she saw beasts at the night and even said inauspicious things in the imperial court. He had put tremendous efforts to make her dance according to his will, she was of use to him but now she was useless.

Two nights before when Lady Cecelia was banished a trail of blood was found at the entrance to the west palace leading to the chrysanthemum hall of Countess Jillian, on investigation it was found that six animal carcasses were barbarically butchered and hanged infront of the imperial harem, no evidences were found to who could have done the act.

A week later three soldiers were killed infront of the Emperor's quarters with their eyes wide open and blood all spilled in the halls, only Countess Jillian went to meet the emperor at the night thus arousing countless suspicions but it was only a fortnight later that witnesses saw her screaming like a manic and running out of her halls with blood all over her mouth and eight men dead in her inner chambers.

The most surprising factor emerged when the imperial physician told that the men were naked and had been engaging in sexual intercourse before being killed.

What beasts? What monster? It was surely a crude trick inside which she has fallen for. Prince Baez was certain that this was not a shameless act of witchcraft or an incident of being crazed....it was a web woven slowly yet steadily, with malice and cunning ruthlessness to make Jillian disappear from the dynasty and killing her with a slow poisonous death.

The Countess Jillian he had known was by far most bent on one person...General Azarios. Dark golden irises that were bloodshot looked at the partially broken mirror with sharp eyes as if his mind that was even scarier than viper discovered something.

General Azarios.....if there was a person connected to Jillian then it was indeed him.

There were no enemies of the Countess that had such ability to harm her with this much strength and conspiracy but what was the possibility that she made one, an enemy with unfathomable power? But why would the general harm her unless Jillian touched his precious-......was it because of that woman?

Lilith

Wasn't what they called her

The most beautiful woman with deep eyes that had an abyss of darkness in them

Wasn't Countess Jillian responsible for planning her assassination......indeed she was.

Prince Baez stood up with his back muscles contracting with him twisting his neck side by side as if his brain that was in turmoil until now was connecting the dots of destiny. With everything he has lost there was a pattern.

Prime Minister Zhan fell because the woman accused him of being a traitor. Princess Nevix might have retaliated against the Prime Minister yet his health worsen and he himself retired from the court along with his entire family stepping down but was he really sick? Prince Baez recalled that the Prime Minister's Mansion declined after his abrupt meeting with General Azarios, wasn't his fall too sudden as if......as if planned meticulously.

Even if a branch falls, still the tree would stand, steeping down the post was understood but then why the eldest son of Minister Zhan did not replaced his father as the Prime Minister who had attained ten years of his education in the same hopes.

Why Empress Seycea's influence on Emperor Alexander is not as before, it had started from the day of the banquet when Lilith brought that monster......a monster.

A deep chuckle without an ounce of humor left his lips. Wasn't Countess Jillian saying that she saw a beast....indeed he now was aware what this all was about but the only thing clutching his heart was why General Azarios would let a woman have such power above him.

He needed to know who this woman was.