Banquet end

Vermilion of blood was spilled on the day of the banquet, a husband whose promises had once decorated the heart of a wife was also the one that has killed her in the name of self defense.

"Your Majesty our emperor, this servant has sinned to smear your boots with the dirt of us slaves on such an auspicious day, this one deserves to be killed." Nyle went on his knees bowing to King Alexander whose one gaze could have buried the soldier into the ground six feet below.

"Your grace, in this world affections are fickle and love is sparse, the maid deserves to die for she had ruined the mood of the banquet. But as far as this princess remembers General Lady Lilith never blamed the maid for being disloyal rather the words spoken were indicating the truth that Reginia was given the task to deliver the letter to the palace."

Nevix looked at Lilith, gazing in her eyes for a moment before letting go, soldier Nyle kept kneeling without anyone ordering him to get up making him shiver in cold sweat.

"What princess says is correct, if she had herself planned the scandal she would not dare sew the letter into her own clothes and appear at the banquet, I am afraid this is a trap." Seycea smiled looking at the pure snow dressed angle sitting on the establish place for foreign delegates and felt pleasured with how Princess Nevix could be used for her own good.

The people who had got diverted towards Regenia again had a confused and suspicious look towards the General manor, especially towards the mistress of the Great Lotus mansion.

"Whom does the princess thinks has been involved?" The room got icier when a voice spoke with the aura of the person harsher than hailstorms he appeared indifferent yet the fire blazed in those irises.

"General Azarios, I believe you have a traitor in your house...." crystal green irises were startled before they returned to their calm placidity.

"....How is it possible for a married woman to enter as a handmaid and that too for a general's wife. The clothes of a woman is only entitled to her sisters or husband.....how did the letter was sewn into her skirt? If I was you General I would drag this impertinent soldier of yours out to be beheaded right now.

Not only he has completely crushed this auspicious event's atmosphere but also took this princess' precious time that I wished to dedicate to the announcement of the union of Daxtros empire with Ambrose. My brother, King Rial has entrusted this important task to me and I left my entire army battalions to come here and honor the majesties but the servant is so shameless."

King Alexander who had been silent till now watching this as some show that he had seen hundreds of times in his life was frozen. The palace was deep, there were schemes and power struggle. He himself has killed several of his own kins to ascend the throne how would he not able to see where Empress Seycea has been pointing.

He had simply thought that too at first, this General Lady was not simple but as soon as those words of princess Nevix fell onto his ears, it was as if someone had poured molten glass into them.

The vast kingdom of Daxtros was the place many kings had gone to pray for friendship yet not all got the privilege, till now the fight between Gaerin and Ambrose would have support from many small provinces and Countries yet Daxtros remained neutral, this matter was not small, neither such petty court matters could accound for even an ounce of the weight this holds.

"Drag this man out and behead him! Atrocious!" King Alexander's face was burning with rage, the princess of Daxtros was not some fragile lady whom he could give some gifts and stop, she commanded one of the most powerful armies of north yet today when she herself came for peace.....all was destroyed by this ordeal.

Who started it?

'This Countess has heard that General Lady Lilith is beyond comprehension and non-comparable to other talents like this Countess, may general lady display her skills so this one can watch and learn.'

Countess Jillian!

This emperor will make you wish you were dead, even the Duke of Miram Lord Asmus would not be able to save you now!

Seycea's lips trembled, this was going all wrong. The way King Alexander looked at Countess Jillian and then her....her days were not going to be easy from now on.

"Princess highness Nevix, this emperor apologizes for such obstacles, it would be our honor if you can stay for some days in our Palace. The tents and food for soldiers would be all arranged, princess can make your soldiers enter our borders and station inside as well."

Nobody took notice of the man whose mouth was stuffed with cloth, tears streaming down his face as he was dragged outside the hall their minds were preoccupied.

The emperor apologized....all the nobles present in the banquet shivered. The emperor never apologizes.

"Her highness its this General wife's fault, this one would like to present the 'falcon of the west' hairpin into her highness feet." Even though the words were extremely humble yet the voice was somewhat straightforward, without a sense of flattery or respect when Lilith took out the hairpin from her hair presenting it to Nevix.

The princess took one look at the Emperor as she smiled, nodding like a goddess before she glanced at the lukewarm expression on General Azarios's face who just watched Lilith' back in a somewhat peculiar gaze.

"Many thanks to the General Lady." She herself got up, making her subordinates stand as she came down the steps gracefully. Her fingers touched the hairpin on Lilith's palm before she took it watching her reaction.

There was peace yet when her fingers touched the beads there flashed a rage hot as lightning before it disappeared.