FALCON OF THE WEST

Disciple Varom- The man who in future becomes State Preceptor Varom of Gaerin, he has made his appearance in 'Entering the Capital chapter' and tells King Kyzm that a person will soon unite the countries just before Lilith enters the palace.

Falcon of the West- The pearl hairpin made from the beak of humongous falcons that Lilith wore in the 'Banquet chapters- Banquet 1'

"Prince....My Prince, this servant will take punishment for being impertinent but the woods are dangerous, we must return back." A young dumpling of seven seasons raised his head and looked at the humongous golden falcons that seemed to cover the dark cerulean skies with their feathers flapping furiously, a smile graced his lips before moving further ahead.

"My prince..."

"This one has not brought you to complain, stay silent or this prince would feed you to the beast of skies." Disciple Varom took pride in being the youngest apprentice of Her highness Saintess Helixis and had thought that using her son it would be easier to gain her highness' trust but this said young prince did not had him in his eye and the moment he tried to get closer to him, Prince Azarios accepted him as his people without any questions.

Other disciples were green with envy while the youngest disciple was merry since he thought that finally he had an edge over others but soon he came to realize that this Prince of Holy Saintess, the sole heir to the throne of Grevian was anything but naïve. Neither he got any information to who was the father of this child was nor was favored but instead made to go on extremely difficult tasks such as right now.

Three days ago Saintess Helixis announced that she and her son would leave for Gaerin since a child is born to the Nobel seventh Prince- Prince Vzeus and she must bless the princess soon for she must already be a month old. God forbids Varom's tongue and flow of thoughts but he felt that this mother and son duo were evil wizards instead of being the holy priests.

On one end the mother was unfathomable and mysterious such that no one could predict her movements while the other end of the rope was tied to such a child who in the age of playing with toys enjoyed manipulating and sword playing.

Azarios on knowing that his first expedition outside the kingdom was because of the birth of a princess had made up his mind to gift such a treasure that would be incomparable with any other on behalf of his mother, for Prince Azarios and Her highness Helixis were two people with deep connections of heart, what mother said, the son followed and what son did, the mother was behind him in the shadows.

He felt that his imperial mother was especially radiant about going to this blessing ceremony so he prepared as such that no one could surpass the onyx haired woman when it came to displaying their status by gifts. Since the occasion was the birth of a Gaerin princess it must have all royal from across the continents and his mother must be the noblest of all in all terms.

But who was taking the burn of this prince's exaggerated desires?

Ofcourse it was his subordinate, disciple Varom.

"What is to lie, tell mother that you must collect those precious herbs from the rock caves of the western sea but are incompetent in comparison with this prince so this prince offered to come with you. Ofcourse the true purpose is to hunt a falcon for his beak but in process this one shall collect some of those herbs so it is not entirely a lie."

After saying those dangerous words that made Varom's leg tremble the prince had left the chambers and what followed was to be dragged to the cliffs of the unconquerable western sea in the next two days, that were known for gigantic animals that ate human flesh. What Varom was afraid of was about his own safety more than Azarios.

Just like the insane Prince his mother, the Saintess too had replied then.

"What worthless herbs? it is to say that my sole son wants to hunt the beasts but choose to lie to me blatantly. Ask that one to come to this Helixis himself if he wishes to take my permission and you, prepare some medicines for yourself for this one's son will come back but I cannot decipher for you."

After that the next day they took off on horseback to where they were at this moment, green moss covering rusty rocks made it slippery, the slope was steep and a wrong step may lead to doom, trees bearing poisonous fruits that looked juicy and nectarous were known to have killed many and as if all this was not enough to make the western sea unconquerable then the carnivores animals that were even larger than trees made up for it.

Azarios did not cared for the man who followed behind him and commanded him to stop following him and hide in a shade when he saw a nest made in between the shade of rocks. Made from the trunk of the trees it had a single baby falcon that was two times the height of a grown human while its mother was nowhere to be seen.

It was said that the beak of the baby falcons were most treasurable since it was not hard for carving and making pearls out of them but since the people pursuing it usually were killed thus it became a thing to be seen once in several centuries.

The beast that was seemed to be sleeping with its body relaxed and eyes closed suddenly rose up as if feeling the danger that was prevailing. A shill voice indicating that he had seen the human boy accompanied by an attack from the ferocious claws made Azarios stumble back.

For Varom who saw the scene from behind the tree it looked as if the Prince was not making alive today.

______________________________________________________