You're Already Dead

Mulai dari awal

"What I don't understand is...where is your hunger, Dean?" he asked. "Huh?" said Dean. "Well, slowly but surely, everyone in this town is falling prey to Famine, but so far, you seem unaffected." Cas said. "Hey, when I want to drink, I drink. When I want sex, I go get it. Same goes for a sandwich or a fight." Dean said as he pats my thigh.

"So...you're saying you're just well-adjusted?" Cas asked. "God, no. I'm just well-fed." Dean replied and I roll my eyes. "Look there." Cas said as we see a man in a black suit coming out of the hospital, carrying a briefcase. He drives off so we follow him in the Impala.

"Demons. You want to go over the plan again?" Dean asked Cas after we followed the guy to the resturant but Cas kept eating his burger. "Hey, happy meal. The plan?" Dean asked. "I take the knife, I go in, I cut off the ring hand of Famine, and I meet you back here in the parking lot." Cas said. "Well, that sounds foolproof." Dean grumbles and Cas disappears.

A few minutes had passed and Cas had not returned. "This is taking too long." Dean growls and he gets out of the car. "You stay here, okay?" Dean said to me as he turns to look at me through the window. "You sure?" I asked him. "You're infected by his influence, I don't want you near him." Dean said and I nod.

"If I don't come back out, go back to the motel and get Sam." Dean said. "But what about his demon blood hunger?" I asked. "I'm aware of that but...it might be our last hope if I don't make it." Dean said. "Okay, be careful." I tell him and he nods and he stares at me for a moment. "I love you." He said and I give him a small smile. "I love you too." I said and he walks away from the car and towards the Resturant.

*3rd Person's POV*

"Cas! Cas." Dean calls out as he enters the building, only to see Castiel kneeling on the floor, stuffing his mouth with raw ground meat. Two demons attack Dean, and bring him to Famine, and old man in a wheelchair with a breathing tube in his nose. "The other Mr. Winchester." Famine said. 

"What did you do to him?" Dean asked as he gestures to Castiel. "You sicced your dog on me. I just threw him a steak." Famine said. "So this is your big trick? Huh? Making people cuckoo for cocoa puffs?" Dean asked.  Doesn't take much--hardly a push. Oh, America--all-you-can-eat, all the time. Consume, consume. A swarm of locusts in stretch pants. And yet, you're all still starving because hunger doesn't just come from the body, it also comes from the soul." Famine said.

"It's funny, it doesn't seem to be coming from mine." Dean said, smirking. "Yes. I noticed that. Have you wondered why that is? How you could even walk in my presence?" Famine asked him. "Well, I like to think it's because of my strength of character." Dean said, sarcastically. "I disagree." Famine said and he moves closer to Dean and touches him.

"Yes. I see. That's one deep, dark nothing you got there, Dean. Can't fill it, can you? Not with food or drink. Not even with sex." Famine said. "Oh, you're so full of crap." Dean growls. "Oh, you can smirk and joke and lie to your brother and your pretty little girlfriend, lie to yourself, but not to me! I can see inside you, Dean. I can see how broken you are, how defeated. You can't win, and you know it. But you just keep fighting. Just...keep going through the motions. You're not hungry, Dean, because inside, you're already...dead." Famine said.

"Let him go." a voice commanded and Famine turns to face Sam, whose face is stained with blood. "Sam..." Famine said. "Sammy, no!" Dean said as two of the five demons guarding Famine move to attack Sam. "Stop! No one lays a finger on this sweet little boy. Sam, I see you got the snack I sent you." Famine said to him. "You sent?" Sam asked. "Don't worry. You're not like everyone else. You'll never die from drinking too much. You're the exception that proves the rule. Just the way...Satan wanted you to be. So..." Famine said and he lifts his hands and gestures at the demons guarding him.