calumsfootballs/ Maze Runner: Newt

I sat on a hammock in the Glade, sewing one of Next's shirts while slowly rocking it back and forth. I gazed my eyes over to him, seeing him talking to the Greenie, Thomas. He had arrived just yesterday and he seemed like a cool kid. I smiled at such kindness Newt had towards Thomas.

That's what made me fall in love with him. And he fell in love with me.

Soon, they parted and Newt gave me a wave in which I returned. He strolled towards me and soon Next came beside me with his adorable smile on.

"Hey," I said, looking up at him.

"Ello, Nicole," he replied in his accent.

"How's Greenie?" I asked, continuing my work with his shirt.

"He's getting there. He asked about my..." Newt's eyes trailed down to his leg.

"Oh alright," I murmured. I know that really had big effect on Newt's life since he couldn't be a Runner anymore.

He placed his hand on my thigh and said happily with his mouth curving a bit, "Let's change the subject. How's the shirt going?"

"Fine and dandy. Though, we might to get more supplies. I'm loosing some string and apparently the boys want me to sew some of their things too," I confessed, trailing my eyes next to me with a few shirts and pants to sew.

Newt chuckled and said, "Well at least mine is special."

I raised my eyebrows. "How is yours special?"

"Because it's being made by a special girl who is mine," he said and had his arm sneak around my waist, which tickled me.

I giggled by his action and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I better go, but I'll see you later, love," Newt declared and hopped off the hammock.

"Okay!" I said and chuckled a bit.

I could feel myself blushing by his action. We've never...actually...kiss before...on the lips, which does make me feel a bit depressed. But I'm just waiting for the right moment.

Flashback

The morning sun shine hits my face as I wake up. I turn over and I see that I'm still in the Glade with the gigantic maze surrounding us. Sighing, I stand up and go to seek Newt.

Usually I'd find Newt immediately. But surprisingly not today. Mostly everyone was awake including Alby and Minho. I searched through the garden, the Homestead, and kitchen. Even in the butcher's barn! I started to panic now. Where is he? Where is Newt?

I run over to Alby and Minho, who were talking to some guys.

"Guys, where's Newt?" I asked desperately.

"I thought he was with you," Alby said as the others walked away, except for Minho.

"No. I've checked everywhere for him," I replied.

Alby sighed and bit his lip. He looked towards Minho.

"I have no clue where that shank might be," he replied.

"Do you think he went into..." my voice trailed off and my eyes went towards the opened maze.

"No, he would never," Alby remarked.

"You sure?" asked Minho.

"Let's check just in case," I said and started walking to it.

"Nicole!" declared Alby.

"What? We have to at least check!" I proclaimed. I waved my hand and told them to come. Alby and Minho moaned, chasing right behind me.

I immediately entered the dark and humid maze with the guys behind me.

"Wait, hold on sister! Let me go in the front," Minho exclaimed as he came in front of me.

We ran for what it felt like hours, yelling his name in the maze and hopefully it wasn't attracting any Grievers. From right to left, to left to right, we turned and twisted. How will we find our way out if we find him? Or if we don't?

Suddenly, I looked above me and saw in a few stone walls ahead, a small person or something standing on a wall.

"Guys!" I yelled and pointed to the wall. They immediately saw it and we bursted towards the wall, yelling for Newt until our throats hurt.

As I turn to my right, I looked up to find Newt, who was standing on the edge of the wall, which made my heart clench with fear. He looked so scared yet so confident in what he was going to do. And that's what made me so afraid for him. For me. When Newt puts his mind towards something, he never backs out.

Newt's eyes gazed towards mine and locked unto them. I started to heavily breath and yell, "Newt! Please stop! Whatever you're gonna do, don't do it!"

The boys were yelling too at him, telling him this was a stupid idea, but Newt's eyes were still on me, while he completely ignored the boys.

"I can't continue this, Nicole. I just can't," he said and with that he stepped forward.

I screamed as he fell lifelessly, looking a puppet being thrown to the ground. His body crumbled to the ground and I ran forward to him.

Everything seemed like a blur that was going so incredibly fast, but yet so slow. I held him in my shaking arms, hoping just hoping he was alive. I was about to out my head against his chest to see if he had made it, but for some odd reason, I couldn't. Because, what if he didn't make it. The pain of him being gone would corrupt my world.

"Newt?" I murmured with tears streaming down my face. A tear dropped on his bloody face, washing away a small bit of blood.

The Medjacks and the boys immediately came and took him from my arms.

"Wait! Please!" I yelled and ran for him to hold him one last time, but Minho held me back with his burly arms around me. I struggled to get out of his grip, but I was weak compared to him.

I felt like I had nothing to live for now. Absolutely nothing.

End of Flashback

"Newt! Newt!" I exclaimed as I shook him in his hammock. He was having a horrible nightmare and usually his nightmares weren't your normal ones, which makes me scared.

All of a sudden, he gasped for breath and jerked suddenly as he awoke.

"Nicole," he mumbled and looked at me for a moment and I found myself in his arms, clutching me. I positioned myself on the hammock better so he wouldn't be grasping me so uncomfortably.

"I'm so sorry, Nicole. I will never do that again," Newt muffled in my brown hair, sounding completely terrified.

"Newt, what's going on?" I asked as I hugged him back, enjoying this moment.

"I-I had a bloody nightmare about...about me killing myself in front of you because I could take it anymore and-"

"Shhhh," I said and parted from him, grasping his head. We leaned foreheads together and took deep breaths.

He flickered his soft brown eyes towards mine then down to my lips. And intimately I knew immediately what to do. I knew it was the moment I had been waiting for.

I kissed him. And he kissed me back, but with more passion. Newt's hand held my head while his other grasped my waist. My arms wrapped around his neck loosely as he dug deeper. Newt dragged me down towards him, making him lie down on the hammock while I was on top of him still kissing.

After moments later, we parted and I moved off him to lie down by his side. I smiled and bit my lip.

"I think that was the best first kiss ever," I confessed and chuckled a bit.

I turned to my side to see Newt gleaming. He turned his head and said, "You know I love you right? And I'd do anything for you, Nicole. Anything to be with you."

I smirked and said, "I know. And that's why I love you."

I inched closer and pecked his lips. But I gave in and we started kissing again, hoping this moment wouldn't end. And that we wouldn't end.