Lexxidoe/Sherlock: John Watson

Soft flurries touched my face as I strolled down the streets of London. I held the list of groceries I had written down. The store was just a block away when my list slipped out of my hand. The wind carried it behind me and I ran after it, trying to grab it.

But someone got it before me. A man with blonde, sleek hair caught it for me.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

"No problem," he said.

He was quite good looking I had to admit. The stranger met eye contact with me and suddenly put his hand out.

"John! We aren't here to flirt," someone yelled behind him

The man chuckled and said, "Sorry, I was to introduce myself, but I guess someone already did."

I laughed and shook his hand. "Alexis Marie."

"John Watson."

"Wait, as in Sherlock's John Watson?"

"Did someone mention me?" asked a curly black haired man, known as Sherlock.

"You're Sherlock Holmes," I replied, pointing at him.

"Yes, the famous consulting detective in all of London. Can we help you with something?" he asked.

John grunted and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sherlock, don't be rude," he commanded under his breath.

"John, you know she heard you," Sherlock sighed.

He smiled apologetically and said, "He and I are on a case, you see."

"Ah! Ok. What's the case about?" I asked with curiosity.

"A man kidnaps two teenage boys and two girls. One of the girls was found dead in an alley way with a note in her hand talking about how much she loved her family. Overall we haven't found anything," John said.

"Gosh, her grammar on the note was terrible," Sherlock muttered.

"Well, if she was to die, she was probably freaking out when writing the note and made a few mistakes!" exclaimed John.

"Can I see the note?" I asked, seeming interested in this case.

Sherlock looked at John and shook his head.

John eagerly pulled it out.

"John," Sherlock gritted through his teeth.

I read the note, noticing many of the mistakes the girl had. For love it was spelled with a u and sister was just spelled with an s.

"Do you think this may be a code?" I asked.

The boys gave me questioning looks at me.

"Why do you think that?" John asked.

"I read a book about coding in war. They used to spell words incorrectly and whatever that incorrect letter was...or here let me show you," I offered.

I grabbed my phone and held the note close.

"You see, the k is supposed to be a c," I typed c on my notepad. "Then the u is an a." I continued on. Until it spelled Canvoe Str.

The men looked up at me, dazzled by what I had just accomplished.

"You are brilliant, Alexis!" John exclaimed, while Sherlock just gave me a nod.

"I was thinking of doing that..." he muttered and looked away.

I chuckled as Sherlock asks sarcastically, "Well, since you seem like a great help, why don't you join us?"

I grinned and accepted. John gleamed and we walked towards Canvoe Street. We soon reached an abandoned flat, looking run down and not so pleasant. The police men, whom we called, soon came as armed men crowded at the door to the place.

"Hey, Alexis, I just wanted to say thank you so much," whispered John as we stood by the side.

I smiled and said, "You're welcome."

The police busted in, yelling their heads off. We soon entered too, noticing the stink and trash that this flat was in. The men found the kidnapper who had surrendered willingly.

Sherlock, John, and I traveled upstairs to find the three teenagers in a bedroom. The girls were chained up to the bed while the boy was sitting on the floor, looking afraid.

"C'mon, you're safe. We gotta go!" I said as Sherlock untied the girls.

The boy pointed behind me and as I turned around, a man threw a punch at me which I dodged.

"John!" I yelled.

He yelled at him and kicked him in the groan, making him stumble. I kneed him in the head and the man was knocked out.

I looked towards John and gave him a pant. I smiled and looked towards Sherlock, who was leading the teenagers downstairs.

Later

Police officers and families greeted the teenagers as I stood outside the flat, waiting to say goodbye to the guys. John soon came up to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Well, that was...interesting," I stated.

He chuckled and said, "It's basically what we do everyday."

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Thanks," I said.

"For what?"

"For inviting me and kicking that guy's butt and catching my grocery list."

"Oh yeah and I still have that," he replied and handed it over to me. I thanked him and stuffed it in my pocket.

"I'm glad I caught that, because then we would have never found those three," John said.

"True. And I'm glad you did," I said and smiled.

"You wanna hang out sometime?" he asked.

I nodded. "Sure."

We exchanged numbers and with one last look at him we went out own ways.

I look back now at that time and I'm so glad that I have met him. I would of never had this wonderful life with him. Getting married, having three children with him, and enjoying every single moment of it. I will never regret the day I dropped my grocery list for if I didn't, I would have never met him.