CharleeCongreve/Merlin

I'm so sorry this took forever! School is such a jerk and my parents kinda took the privialge of going on Wattpad for a while. So without further problems, here is your imagine!

-Kendes

"Hey Charlee," I heard a voice behind me, which caused me to drop the carrot I was peeling in the kitchen of Camelot's palace.

He and I chuckled as I greeted my good friend Merlin. He leaned against the counter and sneaked a slice of apple.

"What's up, Merlin?" I asked, having my eyes fixed on the carrot peeling again.

"Well, just wanted to talk to someone I guess," he said shuffling his feet.

"What about Arthur?"

"I don't think Arthur is a conversationalist."

"Really?"

"Oh yes. Well, if I consider being insulted and yelled at as a conversation, then I would be up there wth Arthur."

I laughed and looked at his merry face as he laughed with me too. His grin and eyes made me melt as I observed them. We soon stopped and an awkward silence fell upon us.

"So Arthur wanted me to clean and polish all of the knights' armour, which would take forever and I was wondering if you could help me? Or just at least accompany me?" he asked with pleadingness in his eyes.

I did a dramatic sigh and asked, "Will I get paid?"

"Uhh..."

I chuckled and said of course that I would help him. Merlin grinned and said that he had to leave. He thanked me, snuck a muffin, and closed the door which led into the corridors of Camelot. I smiled feeling excited for hanging out with Merlin again.

A few hours later

I pulled my orange dress up as I traveled down the stairs into the basement, which the armoury was held. I soon reached the wooden door and opened it, revealing Merlin polishing a breastplate.

"Hey sorry, I'm late. Miriam, the head cook, made me bake a whole other batch of biscuits," I remarked and sat down, grabbing a metal glove.

"No, of course! It's alright," he said looking up at me from his work. Forgiveness filled his sapphire gemed eyes as he stared at me. I gave him my gratitude and smiled. We continued our work for a while, having conversations here and there, but it wasn't much.

At last it had been a two hours and we we're done. Well...there was one shield left to clean. Since I was sitting down and the shield was in my reach, my hand grabbed it, but Merlin, standing up, had a grip on it too. Our eyes met and he said, "You can clean if you want."

"No, I'm fine. You can though. I insist," I said pushing the shield to him.

"Charlee, you had it first."

"Merlin, I'm being a kind person and letting you take it."

"C'mon take it!"

"No."

"Yes!"

We continued on bickering until I shoved the shield towards him and let go, putting my hands up in the air like I was surrendering. 

"Charlee!" he exclaimed and I stood up.

I chuckled and ran to hide behind a shelf of helmets. He laughed and started walking towards me holding the shield out.

"I don't want it!" he said and I quickly moved somewhere else.

We continued playing this stupid game where he wanted me to have the shield, but I wanted him to have it. So I avoided him not giving it to me. We were eventually running around in circles, giggling and laughing until all of a sudden, his arms trapped me by using the shield.

The shield was in front of me, not letting me escape and my back was to the front of Merlin.

"You are so evil," I mumbled, but then laughed.

I could tell he was smirking. I turned around to look at his face. When I did, we were closer than I imagined. Our faces were inches apart and his eyes kept his lock on mine. I couldn't handle it anymore, so to make things less awkward, my mouth went to his lips. At first he was taken back, but he realized that he liked this. He inched the shield closer, so that I could be closer to him. 

My hands ruffled through his jet black hair as we continued enjoying this eventful moment. All of a sudden, we heard a cough in the background. We immediately stopped and saw the glaring eyes of Arthur, with his knights behind him laughing.

"Well, this is interesting," Arthur said and smirked. I bit my lip and smiled at Merlin.

He smiled back and whispered in my ear, "We can continue this later."