whovian3135/Merlin

Today was your average day. Merlin was on Arthur's usual hunting trips while I was stuck here with Gaius, helping him with some meds.

"Grace, can you pass me that jar of thyme, please?" Gaius asked.

I did and started crushing some herbs as I smiled of what Merlin told me today. He said that he had an excellent surprise for me and couldn't wait to tell me. Soon, commotion was heard outside as I poured the herbs into some hot water. I took a confusing glance at Gaius and all of a sudden, soldiers came crashing in with my unconscious friend, Merlin.

"Set him down!" I said panicky, pointing to the bed.

"What happened?" asked Gaius as he grabbed his med kit. I ran by Merlin's side and grasped his cold hand.

"Morgana attacked us. She threw him to a tree and he hasn't waken up in hours," Arthur said. 

I stroked Merlin's hair and observed his pale face. Why is he unconscious, but yet so pale?

I immediately noticed a dark spot on his hip. I touched it. Blood. I quietly gasped and called for Gaius. He came and ordered for me to clean the wound plus stitch it.

All I ever thought was if he was to live. Would he be awake? Would be able to tell me his surprise? Thoughts kept dancing and worrying in my head. It felt like everything was a blur. Me cleaning his wounds plus stitching them, while Gaius and the others were freaking out.

It was soon dark and the soldiers were sent home. Gaius was asleep but I vowed to stay by Merlin's side. As I sat next to him, I fumbled with his cold hands.

"I can't lose you now, Merlin. Not now," I mumbled.

No answer came to him. I longed to see those bright blue eyes of his and that encouraging grin. His charm and personality was something you didn't see everyday. I looked down at our intertwined hands.

Then, I could barely hear it, but a small voice mumbled, "Grace?"

I slowly lifted my eyes up and saw again those brilliant blue eyes again. I grinned and said softly, "Merlin."

He smiled weakly and I soon gave him a hug, though I so badly wanted to kiss him all over.

"You came back," I said and squeezed his hand.

"Well, I had to come back, right? I had to tell you my surprise," he said sounding tired and gave me a squeeze back.

I lowered my head down and chuckled a bit.

"Hey, look at me," whispered Merlin.

Our hands that were still linked together, were moved by Merlin's hand to touch my chin. He softly moved it towards his face and again his fantastic smile was shown.

"You have such beautiful eyes, you know Grace," he said while our eyes were locked.

After a few moments of silence I asked him, "So what is my surprise, Merlin?" 

"Come closer so I can whisper it to you," he stated weakly. I came closer to him almost our faces touching, as he whispered in my ear," I love you."

I smiled and whispered back, "I love you too, Merlin."

Our noses touched as I moved towards his face. He glanced at my mouth and we immediately kissed. It was absoluely wonderful. It was everything that I thought our first kiss would be like. We soon parted and he grinned widely, while I laughed softly.

"I think that was the best surprise ever," I said while Merlin stroked my hair. 

He chuckled and remarked, "I knew you would like it."