hgriermybae/Merlin Pt.II

A few days later

My wounds had dramatically healed very well, and Merlin had become one of my closest friends ever. Though, I had started creating some feelings for him, but I don't think he feels the same way. It's just the way the acts around me, I can tell he doesn't.

Anyway, today was my first day of getting out of his home and going to the marketplace. Today was a special day for the markets and Merlin wanted to get me out.

"Merlin, are you sure about this? What if they see me?" I asked Merlin as we were standing at the door.

"I'm sure. Anyway, look at you. You've changed your dress and your hair style. You look...great!" said Merlin and felt a hand snake into mine. I looked down and Merlin was holding my hand. I smiled with happiness and looked at him. 

He smiled back and said, "Are you ready?"

I nodded eagerly and he opened the door to the big wide world.

We eventually entered the marketplace, filled with beautiful colors like velvet red and purple silk. I touched a rich royal blue silk shawl and felt it's sleekness.

"How much is this silk, sir?" I asked the merchant.

"That would be 20 shillings ma'am," he said.

I thanked the merchant, sad about the price and continued on with the booths.

"Sorry about the price," I heard a whisper say, who was Merlin.

"Oh it's alright. There's other things in here," I replied.

Merlin popped out of his hand the blue silk I was just admiring.

"Merlin! You shouldn't have!" I exclaimed.

"No, You deserve it!" he said and wrapped it around my neck. I laughed and thanked him.

We continued admiring things including an orange scarf, which Merlin bought, and some shiny neckalces, when soon I heard some horses coming by.

I soon saw Arthur in view and grabbed unto Merlin saying, "He's here."

"Don't worry, Nicole. He won't hurt you. I promise," he said and brought his arm around my waist.

Making things worse for me, Arthur spotted Merlin and stopped in front of him.

"Hello Merlin," he said nodding towards him.

The two started talking when I noticed a woman on a horse next to him. She was absolutely beautiful with black curls and soft brown eyes. I guess she noticed my gaze at her and he said, "Hello there! What's your name?"

"Uh Nicole, ma'am," I said shakily.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Nicole. I must say, I love your dress," she said looking at my dress.

"Thank you, my lady. I adore yours too," I complimented.

She nodded and looked towards Merlin and Arthur's conversation. She seemed quite nice and I realized that she was Queen Guinevere. I liked her already.

"So Merlin, is this your girlfriend?" Arthur asked.

Merlin looked confused and noticed he still had his arm around my waist.

"Uh why yes. Yes she is," he said proudly and tightened his grip around me.

"How in the world did you get such a pretty girl like her to court a dumb-wit like you?" he asked while Guinevere said Arthur.

I chucked while Merlin sighed annoyed by his comment.

"My lady what is your name, may I ask?" Arthur asked me.