shyfangirl46/Sherlock

I heard a groan from the kitchen as Sherlock opened the fridge, while I was busy dusting a shelf. Sherlock and I were flatmates along with John, but of course he was away visiting an old war friend of his.

"Sherlock, what's wrong?" I asked, sighing.

"There's nothing to eat!"

"Well make something then!"

I heard shuffling in the kitchen as Sherlock prepared food for himself.

"Riley!" he yelled. I chuckled. Why do I live with this man?

Walking into the kitchen, Sherlock tried to figure out how to make noodles. He had simply dumped the noodles in a pot without any water and was trying to figure this out.

"Sherlock, what in the world are you doing?" I asked, yet sorta laughing at the same time.

"You're a girl. You cook something!" exclaimed Sherlock, walking away from the pan and raising his hands up.

I chuckled and raised my eyebrows. Pushing the pan off the stove, I thought of a fantastic idea.

"You wanna make something...together?" I shrugged while Sherlock still had his expressionless face on him.

He sighed. "Fine."

I smirked and turned towards the stove. "Well, if we're to make spaghetti and meatballs, you need to fill this pan up with water."

"You could of told me so in the first place, Riley."

"But then, we wouldn't have made something together."

I passed him the pot and Sherlock took the it, filling it with water. I smiled, thinking that today I would be giving Sherlock some cooking lessons. After placing the noodles in the pot of water, we started on the tomato sauce.

While I cut some tomatoes on a cutting board, Sherlock grabbed the jar of tomato sauce and poured it into another pot.

"Tell me why again, Riley, you're cutting tomatoes when there is no need for them since we've got tomato sauce," he asked, putting some spices in.

"It tastes better in the sauce." Clunk! I chopped a piece of tomato off. My eye glanced at Sherlock, measuring the parsley for the sauce.

Unfortunately, I looked at him too long and cut my finger.

"Ow!" I exclaimed and dropped everything in my hand. Wincing, I grabbed my index finger, which was bleeding a lake, but the cut was not too bad that I needed to go to the hospital.

I heard Sherlock groan as he ran for the band-aid kit. I bit my lip as he fumbled through the kit, trying to find a bandage. Soon he did and took my bleeding finger, while I tried to hold in the tears.

"You should be more careful next time and not stare at me when cutting," mentioned Sherlock, his eyes planted on my finger as he carefully wrapped around the cloth. His cold hands held my such small ones compared to his as he became my doctor for just a second. Feeling myself blush at his comment earlier, he placed the tape securely around my finger, holding the bandage.

"There," he breathed and took a step back.

I brushed a piece of my wavy light brown hair behind me. "Thanks."

His brilliant eyes met with mine as we had a small, but seemed forever stare. My heart started to ache for him suddenly as I so badly wanted him to hold my hands like he did earlier and hug me like he never wanted to let go.

"So, should we continue with our cooking?" asked Sherlock, breaking the stare.

I coughed. "Oh yeah. Sure."

Sherlock went back to his sauce while I did the cutting. I desperately wanted to look behind me and glance at Sherlock, but I knew if I would, I would probably loose a hand.

"Riley, I need help on the sauce."

Laying the knife down, I walked to the stove by Sherlock. His stare was on me as I took a whiff of the tomato and basil.

"Smells delicious!" I exclaimed and smiled.

Grabbing a spoon, I dipped it into the red sauce and blew on the spoon as I brought it out of the pot.

"Here, you have to try it to see if it's good." I raised to spoon to his mouth. His face inched away from the spoon.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, you do. What's the worst that's gonna happen?"

"I might have put in the wrong spices."

"I highly doubt that."

Bringing the spoon closer to his mouth, he reluctantly opened. He ate the sauce and his eyebrows rose.

"How is it?" I asked, smiling while biting my lip.

His eyes looked away, but then nodded. "Excellent." He even added a smirk.

I laughed at his response, but more at the sauce at the corner of his lip.

"What?"

"You have something in the corner of your mouth."

"Where?"

"Right there." I pointed to the left corner of my cheek while I tried to hide my laugh.

He wiped on the wrong side and I chuckled again.

"Riley-"

"Here, I'll get it myself."

I hesitantly moved my hand towards his mouth and with the swipe of my thumb, the redness was gone. But my hand didn't leave his face. Instead it stayed on his cheek and caressed it. Again, our eyes met suddenly, but this time, we both knew we ached for something.

We ached for each other.

Immediately, our lips met each other. It wasn't a rough kiss, but a simple, longing for each other one. My hands were tangled in his curly, soft hair while his hands gripped my back. Quickly taking a breather, Sherlock smirked while I bit my lip.

Suddenly, I smelled something burning.

"Is that our sauce?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah I think so...take out?"

"Any day."