smallasgardian/11th Doctor

Doctor's POV

I hear that sometimes you will literally die from a heart break that from such emotional distress or hurt, a heart ventricle will break, causing damage to the heart. Was that what I felt right now?

I closed the box once more, containing the rejected jewel I had just present to her. My tear splashed onto the velvet box, just frozen on top of it like a glass pebble. With my hands shaking with such ache, I remembered her exact words. 

"I can't, Doctor. You know the situation. I don't want to hurt you."

"Abii, I don't care about that. I want to live your life to the fullest with you." 

Her brilliant green eyes looked at me in such sorrow with her glossy ginger hair, making me want to rummage my hand through it. "I'm only going to hurt you, Doctor. And that's why I can't do it."

Not realizing my hard grip on the box, I let loose. The tears, the contained breaths, the cries. I didn't care if she heard me. At least she heard my cries for her. She was down the hall, packing to leave me. No matter how hard I tried to make her stay, she was too reserved to leave, leave me, leave me with my once-again solitude. 

"Why, Abii?" I asked under my breath as I placed my head in my hands. 

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. Wiping the tears away, I took a breather and opened the door to see lovely Abii suitcase in hand. She couldn't even look at me, nor could I.

"I'm...ready to go," she gently remarked. I finally glanced at her. With her pineapple t-shirt on and leggings with boots, Abii seemed ready to go home, so nodding, I began to walk to the consul. 

"Abii-"

"Please, Doctor. Just take me home."

I could feel a tear coming as I was about to pull down the lever to travel, but I didn't for I found myself looking at her. She was leaning against the consul, looking like the girl that I rescued in a Dalek party in Hollywood, her home town. That was three years ago and now here I was, not ready for her to slip away. 

I just needed one good last look at her, almost like I was never going to see her again. Her face suddenly faced me, but instead of feeling that I could let her go, it just made me want to tell her once more she couldn't leave me. It made me what to keep her here forever. 

"Is everything alright?" she asked.

I was silent for a moment, holding that look. 

"No."

And I pulled down the lever. 

The TARDIS vibrated in flight. In all my years of traveling, this one particular trip seemed the worst. Feeling a ground landing, I bit the inside of my cheek, punishing myself for not fighting harder. But my body just couldn't do it, it hurt so bad to just say something to her. 

She clasped her suitcase and slowly began to ride to the TARDIS door, every step making my heart fade away. When opening the door to bright light, her body froze, lifting my heart just one more level in hopes that her heart had changed. 

Her head shifted towards mine, slowly smiling and soon she spoke. "Thank you, Doctor. I was troubled girl three years ago and now, I'm a better me, thanks to you."

Would you have accepted my offer three years ago? I thought. But I slapped my brain, seeing that was unfair to Abii.

I nodded to her while I still held on to the lever. "My pleasure, Abii."

Smiling once more, she began to leave, closing the door, but my heart began to run to her, aching for her. And suddenly, I said her name. 

She stopped and shifted those wonderful eyes to me, opening the door slightly.