superwholockian101/Harry Potter

I sat outside of Hogwarts peacefully working on my Potions project. Today was actually been surprisingly a nice day, the sun was bright, and no one was really bothering me.

I glanced over and saw Draco Malfoy sitting on a bench also quietly studying. I smiled and continued with my work. 

Soon my eyes landed on Crab and his buddies heading straight towards me. I quickly put my face down at my book trying to concentrate. I started hearing them snickering at me and saying how I was as curvy as a circle.

"Hey Samantha, or should I change it to Samantha the Hippo," Crab sneered while all of his buddies laughed.

I looked at them like I was clearly annoyed, and walked away, shutting my book as hard as I could.

"Ohhhhh!" declared all the boys.

"Gosh, look at her butt..." one of the boys said to one another. I took a glance at Draco, who was not there on the bench and walked a bit faster, feeling tears coming out.

I am so done with this. I go through with this everyday. The girls snapping at me, Crab making inappropriate jokes, and the teachers also putting pressure on me to do my work. 

I started running down the halls of Hogwarts, when I soon slammed into one of the girls shoulders, which made me drop my huge heavy book on her foot. And of course it had to be Diona, one of the snobby Slytherin girls in school. 

"Owwww!" she exclaimed and everyone looked at her and me.

"Arg! Samantha! You pea-brain! What the heck is wrong with you?!" she yelled in my face.

I was taken back at her yelling and stumbled back. I just wanted to blow up and disappear. I felt mortified.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you Diona?! Yes I acciedently bumped into you and I'm sorry. But do you know what, I am so sick of everyone picking on me and I feel like crap!" I yelled back in her face.

"So shut your mouth up!" I yelled even louder. Tears were now pouring down my face, and immediately I turned around to run outside. 

I soon reached the bridge of Hogwarts and leaned downwards, looking at the endless pit below. I wanted to end this. My whole life. I have picked, yelled at, and sneered at. And yet what have I done to them. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I stood up on the railing of the bridge, gripped the frame of the window-like opening and took a deep breath. I was ready to jump, but soon a voice interuppted my plan saying, "What are you doing?"

I turned my head around and saw Draco standing right behind me. 

"Draco you shouldn't be here!" I choked.

"Samantha, why are you doing this?"

"Because I can't go through this everyday. People who hurt me. I just can't..."

Draco didn't reply back.

"You have a life, Draco. You can become the greatest wizard that has ever lived and could be absolutely amazing some day," I said feeling the tears stream down my face.

He didn't answer for moment until he replied saying,"You could be too."

"You could be everything you just told me. The greatest wizard in the world, be absolutely amazing and brilliant," he remarked.

"And Samantha, I will be right by your side as a friend to support you," he added.

I was surprised by his statement that he actually wanted to become friends with me. No one wants to be my friend because of how pathetic I am.

"So just please take my hand and we can go back. And I promise, I will make sure no one hurts you," he said.

I turned my head to see Draco's hand stretched out for me to take. I sniffled, and gave in. Shifting my body to face him, I sat on the railing and took his pale hand. He smiled and I returned one to him. 

I believed him. I really did believe that I could make a mark in the wizard world by doing something amazing and while that was happening, Draco could be my supporter as a friend.