lukeybabe68/Uriah

"Dauntless," the man proclaimed.

Finding myself smiling, I gazed my eyes at my twin sister, Christina, sitting in the middle row of clapping and cheering Dauntless at the choosing ceremony. She grinned with joy across her face as knowing now, we would never be apart. That was probably half the reason why chose this faction. It was just to be with her and not be separated from her forever.

Soon sitting next to her, Christina's arms came around me and we squealed until the next person stepped up.

She looked at me deep in the eyes and smirked. "You made the right decision, Merinda. You truly did."

I smiled back at her and my arms came back around her in happiness.

Despite she and I were twins, we weren't identical. Yes maybe we had similar eyes and noses, but our body shapes were different and how our faces were formed.

Soon, the long ceremony was over. Tears were shed, but the roaring of the factions covered the grieving of the parents. We began to move, but someone stopped me.

"Hey," I heard a voice behind me say. Being shy, I glanced behind me to see a handsome young man with dark skin, big brown eyes, and a soft face, making my insides shake. He leaned over slightly behind my chair with a small smirk on his gorgeous face.

"Hi," I nervously said and pulled some of my dark hair behind my ear when I faced him.

"Congrats. It takes some gut to choose Dauntless," he stated. He grinned and put his hand out. "I'm Uriah."

"Merinda." I took his rough, firm hand and shook it, peering at his soft eyes.

"And this is my twin sister, Christiana," I introduced, motioning my hand to my sister. They exchanged hellos and my attention turned to back to Uriah.

"See, you've already made a friend," he replied.

I chuckled softly and clasped my white t-shirt.

"Hey, can I walk you out?" Uriah asked politely.

I turned to my side for Christiana's permission, but she was gone, part of the running crowd of the Dauntless pack.

"More like running out," I remarked.

"I forgot. Dauntless doesn't walk."

Sprinting, we began our run towards the crowd, who now were climbing up a bridge. The wind blew in my face as we climbed up. The thrill of adventure rose inside me and thrill of having a friend, an extremely good-looking friend, was with me on this adventure. 

Suddenly, people began to jump on the train, making me panic inside my body. Running as fast as I could, I saw Urian hop on. Turning towards me as he held on to the inside of the train, my feet scurried in panic, thinking that I may not make it. 

"Merinda! C'mon!" he yelled. 

I was just there, inches from it. I began reaching my hand out to grab the railing. But just when I thought I couldn't do it, a hand had grabbed mine. Swinging like a monkey, a blurred face of Uriah showed up as I slammed into the wall on the left. And in a moment from the force from him pulling me in, his body came on top of me with each of his hands on either side of my head like he was protecting me. 

Uriah's face was turned to the side, seeming slightly embarrassed by our closeness, but I wasn't. In fact, my eyes were on him. I just couldn't quite look away. And slowly, his eyes connected with mine, making my heart soar and pound like crazy. 

They was a sense of love inside them, maybe fondness was more of the word. His eyes were warm, welcoming. But, they were the eyes of a young boy, ready to become a man.