potter_head_x/Merlin

"Merlin, how does this scarf look on me?" I asked my best friend Merlin while I wrapped the red cloth around my neck. He and I were down in the market place, just hanging out like old friends.

"Exquisite, Lauren," he exclaimed, bowing like a king while I curtsied. I laughed loudly at our silliness and we moved on, admiring the other pretty things the market was selling. I took a glance at Merlin as he picked up an apple. His white face glowed as the sun was shining brilliantly today. Merlin's blue eye were light and happy while he bought the apple.

"So you came down the market, just to buy an apple?" I asked as I clutched his arm, continuing to walk.

"No, of course not! Just hungry I guess," Merlin stated and took a bite of the red apple.

Soon, horses were heard behind us and Arthur with his knights strolled up to us. 

"Sorry to bother you Merlin, but Morgana has been seen in the forest. You must come with us," he bellowed.

Merlin turned towards me and I said, "Go."

He gave me a little smile and before he went I grabbed his arm.

"Hey, be careful," I declared, adding a kiss on his cheek.

Merlin blushed and said farewell, riding with Arthur and his knights to try once again defeat Morgana. I had always felt worried when Merlin went away, especially when trying to get rid of that witch.

I walked away, praying in my head he would be okay. 

Later

"Ouch!" cried Merlin. He had just returned from his hunt for Morgana, which they failed at doing and he had a pretty serious cut from a sword on his arm. I was sewing it carefully in his room, not trying to hurt him.

"Merlin, it's gonna be over soon," I replied. 

A few moments later, I tied a knot and he was good as new. 

"Thanks, Lauren," Merlin said, looking at his scar.

He pulled down his sleeve and looked at me with gratitude.

"Anytime," I said, fumbling with the needle and placing it in my sewing kit.

We sat there in silence for a while, until Merlin broke it.

"You know everytime I go out there to defeat Morgana, I always think of you," he uttered.

I could feel my cheeks burning with his compliement. 

"And I you, when you go with Arthur anywhere," I said with a smile.

"And I always think I have something to go back to, Lauren," Merlin stated, sitting closer to me. 

"And that's you," he whispered, leaning closer to me. 

Leaning in slowly, we kissed with passion for each other. I scooted closer to him to have my arms wrapped around his neck, while his grabbed my waist. 

Immediately, I knew then that Merlin would be with me forever, and whenever he traveled out to destroy something, he would always come back to the one thing that's his home. And that's me.