78. Best aunt ever

Vaemond Velaryon spoke for his niece's funeral as they prepared her casket to be sent to sea. As was the Velaryon way.

"Who was Laena again?" Daemon mused.

"Little bitch." Davina murmured. "Corlys wanted his infant of a child to fuck our brother."

"Oh right, her... she had twins." Daemon remarked nodding to the girls standing with Rhaenys.

"Ours are cuter." Davina remarked kissing Devin's head.

''We join today at the seat of the sea to commit the lady Lena of house Valeryon to the eternal waters and domination of the Merling king where he will guard her for all her days to come as she sets to see for final voyage the lady Laena leaves to true born daughters on the shore though their mother will not return from her voyage they will all remain bound together in blood salt courses through velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin.''

Damon chuckled at that. Davina slapped at him playfully. And at that her casket was sent into the waters.

"A water send off, what bullshit." Daemon chuckled.

"I heard she was burned by her dragon, what are they even sending to waves?" Davina added softly.

''My gentleness may the winds be as strong as your back you were sees as calm as your spirit and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. The sea we shall return.''

+

''Have you seen your father?'' Rhaenyra asked coming up to Jace. ''Your little cousins have lost their mother. They could use a kind word.'' Rhaenyra offered glancing to Baela and Rhaena.

''I have an equal claim to sympathy.'' Jace countered.

''Jace.''

''We should be at Harrenhal, mourning Lord Lyonel and Ser Harwin.'' Jace countered.

''It would not be appropriate. The Velaryons are our kin and the Strongs are not.'' Rhaenyra reminded him, Jace scoffed. ''Look at me. Do you understand?'' Jace marched off and leaned into Davina.

"Hey honey. Whats with the long face?" Davina questioned.

"It is a funeral." Daemon reminded her.

"We should be at harrenhall." Jace told her.

"Why?" Davina questioned innocently.

"Ser Harwin and Lyonel-" Jace began and Davina knelt before him.

"Why would we go to harrenhall my sweet boy... They are not there." Davina whispered kissing his cheek and Jace stared at her as she stood up. She brought a finger to her lips and Jace's eyes went wide with joy.

''Hand turns loom; spool of green, spool of black; dragons of flesh weaving dragons of thread. Hand turns loom; spool of green..." Helaena remarked finding a spider on the ground she eased it into her hand

''We have nothing in common.'' Aegon scoffed downing his drink

''She's our sister.'' Aemond reminded him

''You marry her, then.'' Aegon sneered grabbing another drink

''I would perform my duty, if mother had only betrothed us.'' Aemond said obediently.

''If only.'' Aegon said with a scoff.

''It would strengthen the family. Keep our Valyrian blood pure.'' Aemond reminded him

''She's an idiot.'' Aegon corrected

''She's your future queen.'' Aemond retorted.

''We actually do have one thing in common. We both fancy creatures with very long legs.'' Aegon mused with a chuckle as he walked off, leaving Aemond to sneer at him hatred.