70. Titus Lannister

Many Years ago

Fifth husband

Titus Lannister

'Let it be known-'' she mouthed the words bored as the septon spoke ''-that princess davina of House Targaryen and titus of house Lannister.'

She couldn't believe the lannisters were trying this again. Had they not learned the first time? Had Viserys not learned the first four times? This was a punishment for loving Daemon more than him. She knew it. They kept him out of their games because he didn't have a wild side. He didn't like dragons. What Targaryen didn't like dragons? Davina thought outraged.

"Are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the Words.'

'Father. Smith. Warrior. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Stranger.' They repeated.

'I am his.'

'I am hers'

'He is mine'

'she is mine,'

'from this day, until the end of my days.' they echoed,

'You may now cloak the bride with your protection.'

'In the presence of your family and friends, I now bind your hands together, to symbolize your new union of love, trust and friendship." He bound their hands together. 'Now, please look at one another and pledge your vows to seal your union.'

Davina yawned as she picked at her food. This was the fifth time she had been screwed over by her brother this was the last time she was allowing a union to happen.

''Davina, sweet sister,' Viserys said with a forced smile ''look they got carrot cake your favorite.''

''They're trying to butter me up because the last time they offered a Lannister to me I fried him?'' She said sweetly

''Your favorite.'' he repeated walking away ''try some be civil.'' he offered

''Why is your family doing this again?'' Davina asked Titus

''What do you mean princess?''

''Why are they trying to marry one of you off to me again? It doesn't make any sense the last lannister your family offered up... Cesar.... he threatened me and then my dragon burned him to Ash. What's to say I won't do that to you... Fury won't do that to you.' she corrected

''Well I'll be nice.'' Titus offered nervously. ''I won't threaten you I promise.'' he told her and she stared back at him. He had a goofy smile on his face and she couldn't tell if he was drunk or dull or just simply that ignorant.

''Thanks.'' she said slowly as she left to go speak with her favorite brother

''You know I'm starting to understand why you kill off your husband.''

''I don't know what you're talking about it is fury that does it.'' she told him ''I see you didn't bring the wife.''

''Any chance to get away from her and see you, is a victory my love.''

''Siblings.'' Viserys said his face was starting to hurt from forcing a smile all evening.

''You could have at least brought Rhaenyra with.'' Davina told him.

''And have her witness the massacre I am praying will not occur.'' Viserys offered.

''Just because your arranged marriages worked doesn't mean you can keep forcing it upon me.'' Davina reminded him.

"Go home to your wife, Daemon." Viserys demanded.

"no-' Davina began.

"Go home to your wife. Now Daemon." Viserys demanded. Daemon kissed Davina goodbye as he headed off. "Let's be civil sweet sister." Viserys requested kissing her ever pouty face.

+

Titus Lannister wasnt that bad. Davina had to admit that but he was dull and slipped. Okay davina pushed him. But it was not her fault. No it was not because if any normal person of his age was pushed into the waters Albeit deep waters off of a small to medium size cliff... She looked down as he flailed unable to swim. She watched him as he screamed out his breath gasping as his lungs filled with water.

''Cursed be to the man that tears them asunder.'' Davina repeated. ''Cursed be the man that tries to force them together more like it.'' She mused

''Another down. Another gone.'' Aemma mused

''This one wasnt turned to dust.'' Davina told her. "You gonna give me another niece right?" Davina mused putting her hand on Aemma's stomach.

"Rhaenyra wants a sister." Aemma agreed.

"And Viserys wants a boy, shocker." Davina added. "Hey, lets not tell Viserys about this. We can just... let them pretend tonight went well right?" Davina offered and Aemma rolled her eyes. "I am so glad you are here." Davina offered kissing her cheek. "Come on, give me some time to sneak out." Davina pleaded.

"You are lucky I don't like being on your bad side." Aemma remarked.

"Thank you! Best sister in law ever!" Davina declared.

"Have you met Lady Rh-'

"Don't say her name." Davina hissed.

"You are trouble Davina, I will say it again and again." Aemma remarked. "I pity the men that end up in your bed."

"I'm a hoot." Davina corrected. "I'm just selective." She told Aemma.