28. Vulnerable

Reputation // Daemon Targaryen Alternate version for those who requested...

 Queen Davina is live!

3 years ago

Every night the same dream but every morning she will still living a night mare.

Dragonstone. She hated Dragon stone now. She had visited it every night in her dreams. She saw Daemon and her brain liked to trick her for the first few weeks, she forgot that she hated him, her brain made her think she was happy. Or right from the start she would be filled with rage.

"The entire time I'm burning in Hell, I'll regret each tear I made you weep." Davina told Daemon " But if Hell were the price for years loving you, I'd condemn myself again and again." Davina whimpered

''You are weak. You are not a dragon. Look at you. I can't believe I ever loved you.' Daemon told her

"If the only other option is letting you go, I think ill stay vulnerable." Davina told him.

"Davina," she hated the waking as much as the dreams because although Daemon wasn't that monster from her dreams he still was a monster that broke her heart.

"Davina." Rhaenyra whispered shaking her awake. Rhaenyra hugged her tight. "You're okay."

"I'm not." Davina corrected. "Here I am blubbering like a baby when your best friend turned out to be a conniving bitch." 

"We are one screwed up family." Rhaenyra agreed. 

"I love you. You and me and Fury and Syrax against the world. Fuck everyone else." Davina declared. 

"Fuck everyone else!" Rhaenyra agreed. 

"How are you? Really?'' Davina questioned. 

"I feel like hell."

"Welcome to the club." Davina remarked. 

"You were brought into this world with Daemon, Alicent was my friend for years, I cant imagine how you are feeling." Rhaenyra corrected

"Like my heart was turned to ash and there is no fixing whats burned." Davina said darkly. 

"I feel like... was she ever my friend?" Rhaenyra questioned. 

"I think so." Davina told her as she lit a candle so she could see Rhaenyra's sad little face. 

"But... in the end, its like..."

"She wasnt your friend in the end. she was manipulating Viserys. She was using your friendship so she didnt look like a threat, didn't look as though she was trying to seduce him." Davina told her. "I didnt Viserys would fall for her little act, but I was wrong."

"You saw her? You knew?" Rhaenyra asked. 

"I didnt know. Not entirely, i just, had a feeling." Davina told her. 

"A feeling?"

"I was blind to Daemon, for a long time, love made me blind. I thought he could do no wrong, he was perfection. But he wasnt. He was always a monster." Davina told her. "But so am I."

"You are not a monster." Rhaenyra corrected immediately. 

"I killed my husbands, never gave them a chance. Maybe I shouldnt have. Maybe I should have tried. Maybe I should have... Maybe i would have been happy? Maybe I would be a mother, a shit mother albeit but..." Davina shrugged. 

"You loved Daemon more than he loved you." Rhaenyra remarked. 

"I love him. I hate that I still love him." Davina said gnawing at her lip. "Maybe I should have been more open to someone that wasnt Daemon. But I was young and stupid."

"I wanted a love like you and Daemon had." Rhaenyra admitted. 

"You dont." Davina corrected. 

"I did." Rhaenyra corrected. 

"You really don't."

"You thought for years that he was the one, you loved him and only him for so long, he consumed you." Rhaenyra reminded her as though she needed reminding. 

"The all consuming Daemon keeps me up at night in the worst way possible now." Davina muttered. "I hope you never have to feel heart break like this."

"I want a love that hurts," Rhaenyra corrected. "Because that's how I will know it was real. If true love doesnt shake you, break your heart and make you feel like you are nothing then it wasnt love." 

"That's deep and painful." Davina told her. 

"The wedding is tomorrow." Rhaenyra remarked. 

"It is." Davina agreed. 

"Father is going to try and marry me off too before we know it." Rhaenyra added. But Davina shook her head. 

"If we want it we take, no body knows if we fake it. They dont understand we don't need a man." Davina declared. "You and me." 

"You and me."