76. Bad Feeling

Viserys sat with a sigh when he got to his chambers as Alicent put a blanket over his lap.

''I do not need the blanket...' Alicent gave it to him anyways.

''The Hand, Your Grace.'' Criston remarked

''The King is resting.'' Alicent spat.

''I will see him.'' Viserys corrected.

''Lean forward.'' Alicent demanded fluffing his pillow.

''I'm being endlessly fussed over, Lyonel.'' Viserys remarked ''It's a wonder I can visit the privy alone.''

''Your Grace.''

''What might this errand be about, Lord Lyonel?''

''Your Grace, I feel... I have come to resign my position as Hand of the King. The episode in the yard this morning. My son Harwin has disgraced himself and every fishwife in King's Landing will soon be telling the tale.'' Lyonel told them.

''Young Harwin's outburst was unfortunate, it's true. But he's been expelled from the City Watch. That seems punishment enough.'' Viserys told him

''Forgive me, Your Grace, it is not.'' Lyonel told them sadly.

''You have served me faithfully for many years, 10 as Hand. Your advice has been sage, unmarked by self-interest... which stands in contrast to all others.'' Viserys assured

''You speak kind words... but there is a shadow over my house and it grows... ever darker. I can no longer serve you with integrity.'' Lyonel told him solemnly.

''What is this shadow? Name it, if it casts such a gloom.'' Viserys offered

''Yes... we must have your reasoning in plain language.'' Alicent agreed smugly.

''I cannot.'' Lyonel told him.

''Then I cannot accept this.''

''My dear husband...'' Alicent offered, anything to get her father back as hand.

''I said no!'' Viserys spat.

''If you insist, my King.'' Lyonel said softly

''I do. You will continue in your service to the crown.'' Viserys said through a deep breath.

''I would then ask leave to take my son from court and escort him back to the family seat at Harrenhal. He is my heir and will be lord of Harren's castle one day. It is time he assumed his duties there.'' Lyonel countered

''Do it'' Viserys agreed sitting back down. ''Aren't you gonna help me?'' Viserys mused looking to an annoyed Alicent..

+

"Your kids are a hoot, Davina." Harwin declared as Baelon and Alyssa ran up to them. "They are always trying to out do one another."

"They get that from us." Daemon informed him.

"I can imagine you two at each others throats." Harwin remarked.

"Like this you mean?" Daemon teased pulling Davina back his lips smacking at her neck in loud wet kisses.

"Naw ah,"

"Yeah huh!"

"Naw AH!"

"YEAH HUH!"

"I think it's a bit late to be fighting." Davina remarked leaning back into Daemon as Daelia and Devin could be coming up the path. "What happened?" Davina exclaimed running to them. "You're all smoky,' she wiped at their ashy faces and frayed clothes.