64. Miss Her Too

Davina Age 13

''Do you think im going to be a mom one day Viserys?'' Davina pondered

''I think so.'' Viserys agreed.

''You think I will be a good mom?'' Davina asked resting her head against him.

''The very best.'' Viserys assured.

'I miss mom.'' Davina whispered.

''I know you do love. I miss her too.''

''Could you stay here tonight?'' Davina asked sheepishly.

''Of course.''

''I'm not scared.'' Davina informed him

''You? Never.'' Viserys agreed a gentle hand running along her back.

''I just don't want to be alone.''

''You got me and Daemon you will never be alone. And father.'' Viserys thought although he wasnt much help after Alyssa died. ''Mom loved you most you know''

''I know,'' davina agreed and viserys chuckled. Davina was always blunt. She said what she thought and what she meant no sugar coating it.

''You are everyone's favorite.'' Viserys told her kissing her head.

''I know.'' Davina agreed. ''Can you sing me a song?''

''You want my awful voice?'' Viserys questioned and davina nodded into him. ''Alright then.''

Viserys cleared his throat dramatically and Davina laughed into him

''Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee, Little Jackie Paper, loved that rascal Puff, And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff."

"Viserys is that the words or are you making stuff up?" Davina questioned.

"Why would I lie to you?" Viserys told her. "May I continue love?"

"Continue." Davina agreed

''Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea, And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee, together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail."

"How big we talking here?" Davina asked.

"Big as Vhagar himself." Viserys told her and Davina nodded picturing it now. "Noble kings and princes such as Targaryens ourself would bow when they came, Pirate ships would lower their flag when Puff roared out his name."

"Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee," Davina sung.

Viserys didn't know why she wanted him to sing, he had been doing it for years but her voice was significantly better.

''One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.' Viserys went on. "His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain, Puff no longer went to play along the Cherry Lane." Viserys looked down at Davina and he couldn't help but smile at her content little face. "Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave, So puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave."

"We can't live without the people we love." Davina agreed. "it would be a sad existence."

"Indeed but you will always have me." Viserys assured. "Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee..."

++++

"Hi daddy." Davina said softly.

"Daddy, oh you haven't called me that in years." Baelon remarked as Davina sat next to him leaning into him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Honey..."

"I miss mom."

"Me too." Baelon admitted.

"You can't ever marry again." Davina informed him and Baelon choked out a laugh. "I'm serious. You are not allowed to replace her."

"I can't replace your mother. I don't want anyone else. She was the love of my life and now you my girl are the only girl that has my heart." Baelon informed her and Davina nodded as he kissed her forehead. "Viserys told you me and Rhaenyra have been close... he said you took her riding."

"I did." Davina agreed. She didn't notice the underlaying anxiety that the statement held. She loved riding she thought Rhaenyra would too and she was right. "I put a saddle on Fury. He hated it just so you know but so I would have something to hold onto."

"Besides your niece." Baelon added.

"Yes. I held onto her. She loved it. She was screaming a lot but I think it was good screams." Davina remarked.

"You tell your brother and his wife about that?"

"I told them... she had fun."

"Not the screaming part." Baelon chuckled.

"She was screaming and laughing and screaming again. But she slept great after that." Davina informed him.

"I know this is a bad time... but..." Baelon sighed deeply he didn't want to but Davina was becoming the age to which marriage proposals would be started. "I got a few offers for your hand."

"My hand?"

"To wed-"

"I know what it means but no." Davina told him.

"We will talk about it later... another day."

"Never." Davina corrected. "I just lost mother. Aemma doesn't take care of Rhaenyra as I do and I wont leave Daemon and Viserys. They need me here. YOU! You father need me here." Davina informed him.

"Forget I said anything." Baelon begged.

"You better burn those offers." Davina hissed leaning into him.