32. Perfect

"I'm a dragon, Fury's breath is hotter than these flames." Davina assured. They watched as she let her dress drop to the ground and stepped inside. Rhaenyra moved forward picking it up. She waited her hands reached out for the flames but she wasn't like Davina, she wasn't fearless.

But Davina wasn't fearless. She was filled with fear and loss and pain, rage. But being inside the fire she felt the most peace she had ever felt before.

"AUNT DAVINA!" Rhaenyra called as Criston and Harwin stepped forward but the flames were too hot for them even to stand near. "DAVINA!"

It felt like an eternity.

"Davina." Daemon said bringing his lips to hers. Different inflection when he said her name. Kissed Davina, but Daemon's kiss don't taste the same.

'Is it real or am I going out of my mind?' Davina whispered she felt the flames around her but she saw Daemon before her. it didn't make any sense.

"Mysaria." His voice echoed and Davina's face pinched. Curious about the company that Daemon kept, because she could hear him talking about her.

'I bet, she has it all. Bet she's beautiful like you,' Davina murmured. ''And I bet she's got that touch makes you fall in love, like I thought I did to you."

Davina tried to move but she was stuck in place, her mind playing tricks on her.

Davina could taste Mysaria's lipstick and could see her laying across Daemon's chest. So much for cutting him out.

'I know you're twisted, but I'm twisted, too." Davina told him. "I want to know if you are losing you mind without me, like I feel so lost without you."

Logs burned around her but Davina swore she smell cheap perfume. She could almost hear her laugh. Davina could see Mysaria's body rushing into Daemon, crashing on his skin, burning within, burning so deep on his skin, burning...

"I bet you think she's perfect. But she's not me. I hope she breaks your heart, like you broke mine... because you let the best thing that ever happened to you walk away." Davina blinked sucking in a deep breath of smoke and she coughed out. Her drunk mind clearing, as the wine seemed to burn out of her system the vision faded. She heard her name, it wasn't Daemon calling her it was Rhaenyra, Harwin and Criston.

"Maybe I go in." Rhaenyra suggested.

"No." Criston and Harwin said immediately.

"I'm a dragon, I should be fine."

"Then we will have let two princesses die on our watch." Harwin remarked. "Not happening."

"DAVI-" Davina stepped out and Harwin pulled his cloak off wrapping his around her. "You scared me!" Rhaenyra shouted. "Didn't you hear me?" Davina shook her head, Rhaenyra handed off her dress, Davina took it in her hands staring down as the silky fabric.

"Lets get you both home. That's enough fun for one night." Criston suggested.

"How was your revival?" Harwin questioned.

"Painful." Davina admitted softly.

"You let him go?" Harwin questioned, "Burn him out of your system?" Davina leaned into him as they walked back.

"Maybe one day." But how was she to piece her heart back together when the person that always pieced her back broke it, shattered it, there was nothing to say but her heart and her head tormented her.

"I thought I lost you." Rhaenyra remarked. Davina offered her a sad smile.

"You are stuck with me. Remember? You and me against the world." Davina reminded her.

"FUCK the world!" Rhaenyra declared.
"FUCK THE WORLD! THE CROWN AND THE PATRIARCHRY!"

"I'm going to be the crown one day." Rhaenyra reminded her.

"But until then." Davina smirked.

"UNTIL THEN!" Rhaenyra agreed.

+

"Night, Rhaenyra."

"Night Aunt Davina."

"Allow me to walk you back, princess." Harwin offered.

''Scared I might run back into the fire?" Davina mused.

"This place needs you, Davina. Don't that cunt control your life." Harwin told her and Davina stopped walking.

"They call you Break bones." Davina remarked. 'and Broken bones... Bone breaker sounds better." She informed him.

"I didn't pick the nickname." Harwin told her.

"I saw you in a tourney, you were good." Davina remarked.

"Thank you princess." Harwin said with a small smile.

"They call you the strongest man in the seven kingdoms too." Davina recalled squeezing his bicep as they got closer to his room.

"Might be an exaggeration." He remarked softly.

"Taming a dragon takes a lot of strength." Davina mused. "Maybe one day you will get to try."

"Are you flirting with me Princess?" Harwin questioned "its hard to tell with how terrifying you can be." Davina winked back at him as she closed her door and collapsed into her bed. "Gods she's perfect."