57. Old Bronze Cunts

''Your Grace.'' Daemon remarked and Davina rose up when she saw him. "Gorgeous." He whispered hugging her to him.

''We thank you for coming, uncle.'' Alicent remarked as Hobert Hightower came up to them

''I worried that given leave of your father's shadow, you might wither in King's Landing's sun. But you stood tall. Know that Old town stands with you.''

''In the Vale, men are made to answer for their crimes. Even Targaryens.'' Greold said stiffly coming up to Daemon.

''Who are you?'' Daemon questioned as he kissed Davina's cheek, she clung to him like the breath she needed to breathe. Everything would be there's soon enough.

''Ser Gerold Royce of Runestone.'' He informed them.

''And?'' Daemon said picking up his glass, his hand trailing along davina's lower back.

''I am cousin to your late lady wife.'' Gerold sneered

''Ahh, yes. Terrible thing. I'm positively bereft.'' Daemon said trying to keep the smug smile from his face. ''Such a tragic accident.'

"Tragic." Davina assured as Daemon kissed her cheek again.

''You know better than anyone, it was no accident.''

''Are you confessing some guilt, Ser Gerold?'' Daemon countered

''I am making an accusation.'' Gerold corrected

'How dare you," Davina declared. "To make such an accusation against the prince," she tsked. "I could have your tongue." Daemon chuckled tightening his hold on Davina's hips.

''You know, in King's Landing, men are made to answer for their slanders. Even old bronze cսոts like you.'' Daemon mused and Gerold scoffed ''The truth is, I'm glad you've come. I wish to speak to you about my inheritance.''

'''What inheritance?'' Gerold countered

''Lady Rhea and I had no heirs. As her husband, whatever she was due now passes to me. She stood to inherit all of Runestone... Did she not? After my niece's wedding, I plan to fly to the Eyrie and petition Lady Jeyne myself. Perhaps I'll see you there, Ser Gerold.'' Daemon said smugly. "Come sister, you must want to dance."

"I do." Davina agreed.

"Davina a word." Viserys demanded and Daemon kissed her cheek heading off.

+

''Has anybody ever told you you're nearly as pretty as your brother?'' Daemon said as he danced around Laena

''Well, you flatter me, my Prince.'' Laena told him ''I was sorry to hear about your lady wife.''

''Don't be, I wasn't. My lady was never very kind to me.'' Daemon informed her.

''I know who it is.'' Joffrey mused to Laenor

''Hm?" Laenor said uninterested.

''The handsome paramour.''

''Who?'' Laenor questioned confused.

''Ser Criston Cole.'' Joffrey remarked

''Her sworn protector?'' Laenor countered looking across the dance floor to him.

''Look at him. The man is fully cunt-struck.'' Joffrey agreed

'A Targaryen prince, a dashing knight, and a dragon rider. You appear to be every young maiden's dream.'' Laena remarked to daemon

''That's only because you don't know me yet.'' Daemon countered

''I believe Ser Criston has bloodied that white cloak of his with your bride's maidenhead.'' Joffrey sniggered

''Oh, keep your voice down.'' Laenor hissed

''Perhaps that is something we might remedy, my Prince.'' Laena offered moving around him her hand trailing down his chest.

'I already have my sights set on the woman of my dreams, I'm not letting her slip away again.'' Daemon informed her, walking off.

''This is a good thing. She knows your secret... and now you know hers.'' Joffrey offered

+

"Davina don't fall into old patterns." Viserys begged.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you and Daemon." Viserys hissed.

"I already told you, his wife is gone you gave me your blessing, Viserys there is nothing to think of. I am his and he is mine, as it always should have been." Davina told him confidently.

"I don't want to lose you."'

"Do you not want me to be happy either?" Davina countered.

"You know I do."