74. Idiot

Alicent walked in on Aegon pleasuring himself over the balcony, he grunted and groaned happily standing on the ledge ready to come over the streets below when his mother came in.

''Whose idea was it?'' Alicent demanded and Aegon stumbled back wrapping himself up in his sheets nervously.

'Oh!' Aegon grunted as he fell

''The pig. Was it your plot?' Alicent demanded not caring for her sons embarrassment.

''No... it was Jace and... uh... it-it was the two of them. I couldn't be sure.'' Aegon offered still anxiously covering himself.

''Aemond is your brother.''

''Well, he's a twɑt.'' Aegon countered

''We are family. You may cuff him about as you wish at home, but in the world... we must defend our own.'' Alicent hissed.

''It was funny.'' Aegon admitted with a laugh.

''Do you think Rhaenyra's sons will be your playthings forever? As things stand... Rhaenyra will ascend the throne and Jacaerys Targaryen will be her heir.'' Alicent reminded him.

''So?'' Aegon questioned but Alicent grabbed his face holding tight to his ears, he cringed back in pain but she didn't yield. ''Ugh!''

''You are nearly a man-grown. How is it that you can be so shortsighted? If Rhaenyra comes into power... your very life could be forfeit. Aemond's as well. She could move to cut off any challenge to her succession.'' Alicent hissed her grip tight on him.

''Then I won't challenge...'' Aemond began.

''You are the challenge!'' Alicent shouted in his face. ''You are the challenge, Aegon! Simply by living and breathing! You are the King's firstborn son... and what they know, what everyone in the realm knows in their blood and in their bones... is that one day, you will be our King.'' She released his face as she stood up and calmly turned to the door, Aegon stared back at his mother nervously. ''Get dressed.''

+

"Are you two going to show Aegon and Aemond how mama taught you to fight?" Davina questioned. "No break bones." Davina mused. "But they are skilled."

"I bet they are." Harwin agreed. "How long are you staying?"

"A while I hope." Davina admitted. "I didn't like being gone for so long but we needed the distance. Knowing Rhaenyra was happy... happier helped." Davina gave his hand a squeeze. "I'm glad she had you."

"Thank you Davina."

''Soften your knees. Feet light.'' Criston remarked as the young princes were training together in the courtyard.

''Keep your feet light and your hands heavy.'' Harwin instructed. He of course had taken a keen interest in the princess Rhaenyra's childrens training but also Davina's children. "Come on Devin..."

''This is the stuff, Lyonel. Lads that learn together, train together... knock each other down, pick each other up. They will certainly form a lifelong bond, wouldn't you agree?'' Viserys questioned as he watched from above. His sat in his chair, as he often did for age did not suit him, he knew he was dying but wasn't every day a gift, he had lived this long, ruled this long to see his grandchildren brought into the world, to have so many beautiful children of his own. But he felt himself growing weaker.

''That is the hope, Your Grace.'' Lyonel agreed.

"Your boys are strong." Viserys remarked as Davina came and leaned against the wall.

"They are...." Davina couldn't help the laugh that escaped her.

"I'm so glad you are back Davina. I have missed you." Viserys told her.