73. Pink Dread

''And he sees a big, scary dragon! Mother... look. We chose an- Aunt Davina!" their train of thought long lost.

"Hi cuties." Davina said clinging to them.

"Is Daelia here?" Jace asked innocently.

"She is. She is in the dragon pit with the rest of my little hooligans." Davina confirmed.

"Jace hasn't been able to stop talking about Daelia since you left." Luke informed her.

"Oh?" Davina chuckled looking back at Rhaenyra.

"Shut up." Jace hissed.

"Well, good luck if you plan on trying to court Daelia." Davina informed him rustling his hair.

"Why does Jace need luck?" Luke questioned innocently.

"Because she is just like me and I think already in love... but that doesn't mean she wont want a strong man like yourself eventually." Davina offered and Harwin nearly choked on his tongue.

"What's that my loves?" Rhaenyra asked changing the subject.

"We got an egg for the baby.''

''Ahh. That looks like the perfect one.'' Rhaenyra agreed looking down at her two boys.

''I let Luke choose.'' Jacaerys remarked.

''Thank you, Jace.'' Lucerys answered

''Not every day an egg leaves the Dragon pit, Princess. I thought it best to escort the lads.'' Harwin remarked. Davina smiled over at him patting his back.

"How kind of you Harwin." Davina leaned into him smugly.

''Laenor and I thank you, Commander.' Rhaenyra said softly.

''Another boy, I heard. What a fine knight you are going to make, eh? Might I?'' Harwin questioned looking to the babe.

''Ser Harwin wishes to be introduced to Joffrey.'' Rhaenyra told Laenor, Laenor looked to Harwin's deep black hair, much like his childrens hair, he hesitated before passing him off.

''Of course.''

''Joffrey, is it?'' Harwin questioned.

''Mm-hm. Mm.'' Rhaenyra agreed bitterly.

''Father, please may I hold Joffrey?'' Luke questioned.

''No, no. No. Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. Back to the Dragon pit for you two.'' Laenor remarked.

'Come on!' Luke begged

"Give me a hug Harwin and then I can take the boys down." Davina demanded. He hugged her tight. "Congratulations.' She whispered before heading out not looking back.

''Before they send out a search party.'' Laenor told them leading them out, the door closed

''You're asleep in front of the Commander of the City Watch." Harwin teased down to Joffrey ''Terrible lack of respect.''

''A certain insolence runs in the family, I'm afraid.'' Rhaenyra added.

"Davina-"

"She is like a dragon egg turned to stone with secrets. She wont reveal them, ever."

"I know." Harwin assured. "I was going to say Davina is going to be good for this place, having her back..."

"I agree."

+

"Where is daddy?" Davina whispered as Baelon ran up to her. He just shrugged. "You got Chama ready to upstage your cousins?" Baelon chuckled.