37. Torment Me

Y'all killed me in the comments of the last part so I think you want some Harwin strong fics?!

Illicit Affairs // Harwin Strong // Criston Cole out now!!!

Present day

'Come, sweet Prince. Let's give Her Grace some peace.' The handmaiden requested taking aegon away. he continued to scream but Alicent didn't look twice at her child.

' Did you enjoy the hunt, Your Grace?' Otto asked his daughter

'Well enough.'

'How fared my grandson?'

'The ladies Lannister and Redwyne were quite taken with him.' Alicent remarked.

'As they should be. He's the future of the realm. Well, you yourself witnessed the scale of the celebration, how it's united the men. When you bore the King a son, you ended 15 years of uncertainty and doubt. Aegon, like his namesake, was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms. If Viserys were to name him heir, the realm would fete him for it.' Otto remarked but Alicent stayed silent. 'And does this not please you? Do you not want your son to be King?'

'And what mother wouldn't?' Alicent countered

'You mustn't ignore the certain truth that if Rhaenyra were to step over Aegon to ascend the throne, the realm would tear itself apart.'

'They all swore obeisance to her, our house among them.'

'That was before Aegon.' Otto reminded her.

'Rhaenyra will be a good queen.'

'It wouldn't matter if she were Jaehaerys himself born again. Rhaenyra is a woman.'

'What of my son? Would you have me raise a man to steal his own sister's birthright?' Alicent countered

'It is Aegon that's being robbed. He's the firstborn son of the King. To deny that he is heir to the throne is to assail the laws of gods and men. The road ahead is uncertain, but the end is clear. Aegon will be king. You must guide Viserys towards reason. He'll never find it on his own.' Otto remarked heading out.

+

'Davina.' Viserys muttered.

'we were perfectly fine.' Davina told him. 'had I been drinking as much as you... I don't know.' She admitted. 'but I suppose drinking your way through life is the way of kings.' Davina added she glanced down at a note on his table reading it sideways as he spoke.

'Davina.' He hissed.

'Viserys.' She repeated in the same condescending tone. 'You know-' he cringed as she sat down next to him on his clean couch, blood still crusted on her clothes. '-You try and force a Lannister upon Rhaenyra I will burn every last fucking Lannister to the ground. Stop the lineage, here and now.'

"Davina-'

'I will, you know I will.'

"I am not going to make her marry Jason Lannister.' Viserys assured her.

"Oh... so you learned your lesson?' Davina mused.

'I pushed you away-'

'Five times.' Davina reminded him. 'two were asshole lannisters. So it's really like ten. Ten times over you fucked up my life.' Viserys groaned pouring himself another glass but Davina took it from him before it made it to his lips.

'I talked with Jason and he is-'

'a cunt.' Davina told him confidently.

"Yes.' Viserys agreed.