44. Darkness is alluring

Daemon stood basking in the sun when Rhaenyra found him.

"You seemed so content on Dragonstone.' She remarked. 'Why did you come back?' he opened his eyes and looked down at her. 'There is surely more to your return than simply taunting my father.' She remarked.

'So... what do you want?' Rhaenyra questioned following him off. Davina was looking over the poor options in front of her.

'Only the comforts of home.' Daemon assured as he moved to a buffet line and started picking at the food. "No carrot for you my love?" Daemon questioned kissing her neck.

"Those cunts." Davina agreed smiling back at him.

'I had not thought you particularly comfortable in this home. Though I do suppose you seem changed by your adventures. More mature, perhaps.' Rhaenyra offered

"Mature!' Davina repeated with a laugh. "Daemon? Ha!"

'You've matured yourself these last four years, Princess.' Daemon told Rhaenyra as he pulled Davina back into him. 'You'll get used to the attention.'

'The attention I can endure. It's the rest I could do without. My father seems content to sell me off to whichever lord has the biggest castle.'

"At least he is letting you pick." Davina reminded her. "It took 5 failed marriages for him to switch to tormenting you."

'There are worse things to be sold for.' Daemon remarked sitting down pulling Davina down into his lap. "marriage is only a political arrangement.' He informed her. "Once you are wed you can do as you like.' Davina chuckled.

'For men marriage might be a political arrangement.' Davina corrected 'but for women it is like a death sentence.'

'Would that it were... I would have been rid of my bronze bitch ages ago.' Daemon told her.

"You still could be." Davina mused. Daemon handed over his glass, Rhaenyra looked down at it.

"Your wife has been fortunate,' Rhaenyra remarked taking a drink and Daemon chuckled 'you have not put a child in her.'

'Oh...' Daemon mused. 'I doubt a child would grow in such a hostile environment.' He added and Davina tipped her head back into him laughing.

'My mother was made to produce heirs until it killed her.' Rhaenyra reminded him. "I wont subject myself to the same.'

'What happened to your mother was a tragedy.' Daemon confirmed. 'But this is a tragic world. You cannot live your life in hear or you will forsake the best parts of it.' Daemon told her confidently.

"I have no desire to live in fear. Only solitude.' Rhaenyra corrected.

'Such a lonely prospect.'

"When you met the right person, you will hate solitude and only crave them, their touch," Davina reached a hand back tracing it along Daemon's jaw. "Their voice, their lips on every inch of you."

"Romantic." Rhaenyra told her.

"Their cock hardening into your ass." Davina mused as Daemon held her hostage to him.

"You touch me like that, your ass pressed up against me and what did you think would happen?" Daemon countered.

+

'The Step stones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few days, it seems we have traded a crab feeder for a sea snake. This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Alicent.' Tyland Lannister remarked as the council listened intently.