58. I Don't

"Davina love, come here." Daemon requested holding out his hand and spinning her to him. "Gods I missed you." Daemon whispered against her.

"Don't ever leave me again."  Davina told him.

"Never again." Daemon agreed. "I promise." It felt like déjà vu he was promising her forever but somehow this time felt different, like it was real.

''They make a handsome match, don't they?''

''What?'' Criston questioned turning to Joffrey.

''Well, the Princess and Ser Laenor.'' Joffrey told him smugly.  ''Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, or the Knight of Kisses, they call me, though I don't know why.'' He introduced.

'' I'm on watch. What's your business?''

''You don't know me, Ser Criston. But we are both deeply invested in this union.''

''If you have something to say, Ser Joffrey, speak it.'' Criston hissed

''Ser Laenor is quite dear to me. As I know... the Princess is to you. We should swear to each other to guard them, and their secrets, because if those are kept safe... then so are we all'' Joffrey told him.

''May I, Ser Harwin?'' Daemon said stepping into his place on the dance floor. Harwin grabbed Davina's hand pulling I'm with her.

''Of course, my Prince.'' Harwin remarked stepping away immediately.  Damon moved through the crowd getting to Rhaenyra and leading her away from the center, his gaze shifted back to Davina and Harwin.

''Is this what you want?'' Daemon asked

''I was not aware that what I wanted matter to you.' Rhaenyra countered

'This is not for you.'' he told her ''he is a good man in a fine night he will bore you senseless.''

''Marriage is only a political arrangement I hear.'' Rhaenyra reminded him.

''Mine was recently dissolved.'' Daemon reminded her.

''so take me and then has this not been your purpose?'' She countered ''I am not yet married but the hours past swiftly you are surely unarmed cut through my fathers kings guard take me to Dragon stone and make me your wife.'' he stared down at her.

"I don't want you Rhaenyra." Daemon told her honestly. "But I do want you to be happy."

"Are you going to run away with him?" Harwin asked leading Davina back, he kept a hand on her stomach keeping her against a column.

"Who?" Davina asked innocently.

"Your brother is back, his wife is dead. Are you going to run away with him?" Harwin demanded.

"I didn't know I needed to answer to you, knight." Davina spat and Harwin rolled his eyes. "You know this thing between us... it could never be anything."

"Why not?" Harwin countered. "We have fun together, I'm not a commoner, if you wanted me, really wanted me the king would have no quarrels." Harwin said with the utmost confidence.

"I don't." Davina said pathetically. "I don't want you." Davina knew it was a lie as she said it.

"I don't believe you.'' Harwin whispered his lips grazing hers when screams rang out.

A riot broke out and the princess was nowhere in sight as circle dueled against Ser Joffrey suddenly everyone was fighting, scrambling to get away. Ser Joffrey felt lightheaded blood trickled from his nose as Criston beat joffrey to a pulp. Rhaenyra was carried away from the madness and all went quiet as Cole got up marching away. Laenor looked at his lover dead on the floor he crawled over to him his head bashed in blood seeping around him he cried out. Davina's eyes searched for Daemon in the madness, her head spinning when she felt hands on her waist.

"I got you." Daemon whispered in her ear as she leaned back against him.

"What in the Seven Hells is going on?"

"Stop this!" Corlys demanded

''Where's Rhaenyra?'' Viserys shouted.

''Princess?'' Harwin shouted.

''Put me down!'' Rhaenyra declared as Harwin carried her over his shoulder leading her away. 

+

"The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one." The high septon began. ''Father... Mother... Warrior... Smith... Maiden... Crone... Stranger. Hear now their vows.'' Rhaenyra stared across at a weepy Laenor, for he had just lost the true love of his life. Davina offered he a soft smile, she had begged her to reconsider this madness previously but now it really was too late.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Laenor said sadly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips. Daemon held tight to Davina's hand as she leaned into him.

"Ours will be next." Daemon whispered a purr in her ear and she couldn't help the blush on her cheeks.

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them. 

"Viserys!" Davina declared dropping before him.

Ser Criston was going to kill himself after what he had done, the dishonor of it all. He couldn't live with himself but the news of the kings collapse made him drop the blade.

''Ser Criston.'' Alicent called out.