35. Regal

'Princesses, I must make a final plea that we return to the camp.' Cole requested

'I rather prefer it here.' Rhaenyra told him as she threw twigs into the fire.

'Yeah, I agree.' Davina said cracking her back on the log they were leaning against.

'His Grace is certain to be worried by both of your absence.'

'His Grace can worry himself to death if he so likes.' Rhaenyra told him smugly.

'He is not worried about me.' Davina said confidently. 'he knows I can handle myself. Therefore he is not worried about Rhaenyra because he knows I will protect her.' Cole nodded stiffly he still didn't like being out this late without the king knowing where they were.

'Tell me something, Ser Criston. Do you think the realm will ever accept me as their Queen?' Rhaenyra questioned.

'I will burn those that think they know best.' Davina mused. Rhaenyra knew her aunt was not joking, if Rhaenyra asked her to burn Lannister port, Davina would and take full credit for it.

'They'll have no choice but to, Princess.' Cole reminded her as their horses neighed and whinnied behind them. Cole rose ready to defend his princess, drew his blade, the twigs cracking under his feet as all went quiet.

'Oh and here I thought the night was over.' Davina remarked. 'the fun has just begun...'

Criston grunted as Rhaenyra yelled a boar came charging at them knocking Criston and Davina over with ease and charging at Rhaenyra, growling he leapt on top of Rhaenyra. She stabbed it and it fell. She lay for a moment remembering to breathe when the boar started to squeal again davina jumped up stabbing him over and over again, a pant escaped her lips as she drove her blade into the boar, killing it. Blood splattered over them both as Davina collapsed next to her niece.

"You alright?" Davina asked her chest heaving with every breath.

'Yeah...' Rhaenyra agreed. "You?'

"Sure... what's a name day without a little blood.' Davina remarked and a laugh escaped her lips as she stared up at the stars above them.

'Princesses?" Criston asked coming up to them seeing them coated in blood but smiles on their faces as they burst out laughing.

+

'Is everything all right, Your Grace?' Alicent questioned coming up to a large and crackling fire where Viserys stood, needing solace.

'You know, I... I named her... to protect the realm from Daemon. She was my only child. The Realm's Delight." He recalled 'I named her out of love because I no longer believed...'

'Believed what, my love?' Alicent questioned and Viserys sighed

'Many in my line have been dragon riders. Very few among us have been dreamers. What is the power of a dragon... next to the power of prophecy.' Viserys told her

'The hour is too late, husband.'

'When Rhaenyra was a child... I saw it in a dream... as vivid as these flames, I saw it. A male babe born to me... wearing the Conqueror's crown.' Viserys told her confidently. 'And I so wanted it to be true, to be a dreamer myself. I sought that vision again, night after night... but it never came again. I poured all my thought and will into it. And my obsession killed Rhaenyra's mother.'

'Viserys.' Alicent tried to calm him

'I thought Rhaenyra was the way out of my abyss of grief and regret. And naming her heir would begin to set things right.'

'Oh, it did.' Alicent assured

'I never imagined I would remarry... that I would have a son.' Viserys told her his confidence wavering. 'What if I was wrong?' he heard a horn blowing in the distance the beast had been found. He put a hand on her stomach running his hands along her dress. Hoping for another boy, he couldn't handle another girl

+

'He may not be white, Your Grace. But he's a big lad.' Harwin remarked as they got closer to the Hart.

'Your Grace... for the kill'. Jason offered his spear and Viserys took it. The hart bellowed and thrashed in their restraints.

'Right here, Your Grace.' A huntsman remarked showing him where to strike. The hart wailed but didn't fall 'One more time, Your Grace. A little bit to your left.' The huntsman told him so again Viserys struck. The hart shrieked before collapsing to the ground. The hunter applauded their king.

Rhaenyra and Davina watch as a white Hart came up, stared at her.

"A white hart is good luck,' Davina whispered 'a prophecy for a true king or queen.' She added nudging Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra knew if her father found it, he would have it trapped and attempt to kill it and Rhaenyra didn't want it to suffer.

'No.' Rhaenyra said her voice barely a rasp but the hart understood running off.

'Ready to show those mother fuckers who the real queen is?" Davina questioned as they headed back.

When Rhaenyra got back to the camp she had blood dried onto her clothes but she walked with confidence and elegance. She was as regal as a queen.