26. Ceaselessly Reminded

'Well, isn't this splendid. The whole of our family off to celebration and adventure in the Kings wood.' Viserys remarked looking around the carriage. Davina stared over at Aegon drooling on himself. Davina wasn't a fan of children they were a nuisance. Aegon stared at her and she stuck her tongue out at him he laughed clapping his hands.

'Ha!' Davina exclaimed. 'Maybe children are not total cunts.' She remarked as they hit a bump in the road and Aegon started to cry. "Never mind. I stand by my earlier assessment.' Davina told her brother, Viserys rolled his eyes.

'Should you be traveling in such condition?' Rhaenyra questioned through tight lips.

'Remember what I said about popping!' Davina reminded her smugly.

'The maester said that being out in nature would do me well.' Alicent said but in truth she didn't like the journey it made her feel uneasy.

'Well, you will be with your own child sooner than late, and make me a proud grand sire.' Viserys said happily but Rhaenyra had no interest in men.

'It's not so bad. The days are long, but Aegon came quickly and without fuss.' Alicent remarked but Rhaenyra held nothing but bitter resentment for her once friend.

'Yes the wonders of labor, harboring a child for nine moons and then forcing it out of a dick sized hole.' Davina remarked. 'amazing, just amazing. Especially when you have handmaidens to deal with him so you never have to touch your child.' She added. 'I wonder how the common people deal with their children? They are the real heroes.' Rhaenyra bit her lip trying to hide the grin but Davina never held her tongue.

'You should ride out with me today. Join in the chase.' Viserys offered Davina and Rhaenyra trying to keep Davina from harassing Alicent. Viserys never stopped her, because davina's wrath was much worse than Alicent's discomfort.

'I'd rather not. The boars squeal like children when they're being slaughtered. I find it discomforting'. Rhaenyra said looking out the window.

'Yes it is discomforting, unsettling, what a way to celebrate a name day.' Davina told them. 'maybe for future name days we don't celebrate with the whole fucking realm.' Davina suggested.

'Davina.' Viserys said through an exasperated breath.

'You wanted me here.' Davina reminded him. 'actually,' she turned to Rhaenyra. 'you wanted me here. Or else I would have ridden a dragon.'

'davina no dragons today.' Viserys pleaded.

'Slaughtering of animals to celebrate life. It doesn't make sense.' Davina told him.

'Sometimes I don't know how you and I are related.' Rhaenyra told Viserys. 'I am so clearly a mini Davina.' Viserys rolled his eyes, dear lord he hoped not.

"She really is.' Davina agreed wrapping her arm around Rhaenyra's shoulders.

'It's a hunt, Rhaenyra.' Viserys reminded her trying to keep a smile on his face as Aegon babbled happily. 'How would you like to participate?' Viserys pondered.

'I'm not sure why I must.' Rhaenyra countered.

'Because you are my daughter... The Princess. And you have duties.' Viserys reminded her.

'Duties.' Davina repeated rolling her eyes, Viserys groaned. Of course Davina was going to continue to make today hell for him.

'As I am ceaselessly reminded.' Rhaenyra murmured softly.

'I'm sorry?' Viserys questioned leaning towards her.

'As I am ceaselessly reminded.' Rhaenyra shouted back at him.

'You wouldn't need to be reminded if you ever attended to them.' he reminded her.

'No one's here for me.' Rhaenyra told him bitterly and she couldn't have been more right.

As the king and his queen stepped out with their golden son Davina and Rhaenyra heard the applause.

'We could leave and they would never know.' Rhaenyra suggested.

'we could.' Davina agreed.

'but we wont.' Rhaenyra said miserably.

'Your call, I'm your wing woman today.' Davina told her.

'Thank you... for being here.'

"Of course, even if today is a bust I get to pester my brother, which is entertaining as it is. I like to watch the vein pop out of his neck when he is about to have a break down.' Davina informed her. 'its great, you are getting quite good at it as well. Look for the vein next time, it is hilarious.' Davina assured and Rhaenyra burst out laughing.

Not only did the realm get a new queen three years ago but Rhaenyra got a mother, no older than her, she lost a best friend and earned herself a brother. Davina lost a brother, gained a sister and nephew, no one in the carriage was happy about how the world had turned out.

'should we go and mingle?" Davina suggested.

'Give them another minute to stop cheering.' Rhaenyra suggested leaning into her aunt.

As they stepped out of the carriage they crowd cheered for their prince.

'Hail, hail Aegon, the Conqueror-Babe, Second of His Name! Here's to His Grace on his second name day!' the crowd continued to cheer as Aegon was lifted up. 

+

Alternate story with Queen Davina is coming soon!!!