Chapter 47: CAUGHT. YOU

Start from the beginning

Hanuel gave her with a rather offended look. "What?! No, o-of course not, why would I do that?!"

"Hm, good question," Moh-wa hums as she shrugs her shoulders. "Why wouldn't you do that? You hate him don't you?"

Hanuel lets out a sigh and shakes his head. "Look, please if this is some kind of prank–"

"Question," Moh-wa cuts him off, holding up her index finger as she casually circles him. "Why do you have Heeseung's beautifully made drown on the hidden edge of your desk?"

"I beg your pardon?" Hanuel utters. "Are you saying that I stole it?!"

"I didn't say anything about stealing," Moh-wa says casually. "But since you mentioned it then you must know why I'm here."

"I don't know what you're talking about—"

"I heard your conversation last night with a certain someone," Moh-wa utters, making Hanuel freeze.

"That's—"

"You guys were planning on ruining Choi Soobin, weren't you?"

"Hey! You can't accuse—"

"I have CCTV footage of you using Heeseung's drone and flying it on the ferris wheel closely near a window. You do know that's invasion of privacy, right?" Moh-wa began. "I have a source as to how you broke into the robotics club and stole the device. And I have a recording..." she trails of before waving her phone.

"Of your conversation about burning the evidence which is the drone and making sure Beomgyu will not pursue this case by using Taehyun," Moh-wa shakes her head and clicks her tongue.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, you even threatened the VP with terminating Yeonjun's scholarship. My my, blackmailing, invasion of privacy, attempt of destroying property and threats!" Moh-wa looks at him and tilted her head.

"Tell me is that one of the essence of being a journalist?"

Hanuel doesn't respond to her, but then in awhile he lifts his head; eyes filled with nothing but anger.

"And what about you Jung?" he growls. "Aren't you working with the vice president concerning this?"

"So you admit that you did do all of these," Moh-wa smirks. "You have quite the dirt on your hands, don't you?"

The male scoffs. "As if you aren't any better?! You were protecting their relationship when you shouldn't!"

"I don't see anything wrong with that," Moh-wa says. "In fact the student body has improved ever since they voted for Soobin. And Choi Yeonjun has proven to be very hands-on with his job as secretary despite being in a—"

"But that's against the rules of the council—"

"Just like how us journalists are prohibited from blackmailing," Moh-wa barks back as she walks closer to the later.

"And you have the audacity to say that they betrayed the council's trust when you also betrayed the news committee with what you've done as well?" she drawls as her voice sounded dangerous.

"I say you're quite the hypocrite."

"And you're a gatekeeper," Hanuel hissed pushing Moh-wa away from him. "You said you won't hide any information from us but you hid it. You gave us filtered truths about them and now you're even protecting them, Hwa. And that alone makes you biased!"

"The information I give to you all are not filtered." Moh-wa claims. "I gave you most of the truth but selected a few words to not say in respect to the source's wishes of confidentiality."

"If you think sharing confidential information without any permission from the owner is ethical then clearly you are—"

"We have a rule to follow Hwa, and that is a full transparancy of everything involving the student government," Hanuel hissed. "And I detest him for walking over that rule. And you are a hypocrite for defending him when he have a rule like that!"

Moh-wa frowns, this guy was slowly getting on her nerves. But he promised Soobin that she'll handle this calmly.

"That rule is only intended for the total of shares, votes and agreements of the council in certain projects involving our school. I don't see why a relationship also gets to be transpa–"

"Jung the public has every right to know wether the council likes it or not," Hanuel cuts her off. "We journalists expose truths that are hidden so people we'll know how guilt-free the people who lead them are," he says with a smug grin, "It is only fair that we do that because we are the ones who give them truth that is valid," he adds.

The male was looking at Moh-wa with intensity. "You know, I really thought Choi Soobin or Choi Beomgyu will be the ones that will confront me. Such a shame that it was you," Hanuel mocks her.

Moh-wa knew she promised Soobin to handle this calmly.

But her long patience had been cut short unfortunately. Clearly the boy was underestimating her.

"Oh, so if I expose your secret to the entire school, then that too, would be considered as fair. Right?" Moh-wa asked.

Hanuel glared at her, "I don't have any secrets."

"Oh but you have," Moh-wa says sweetly. "You falsely wrote an article about a poor innocent student about bullying due to mindless hearsays that caused him to get blacklisted in every school in Korea. You never apologized, people pay you to cover up to make their names smell good with lies and you accept even when you're rich. You drag other people for not being aligned with your beliefs, and you don't even respect peoples privacy. So tell me if I expose you, a person who's from the most trusted information club in our school about your silent crimes. Then that would be considered fair too, right?" she trails off.

"Since we do work for a club that is responsible for legit information. Then wouldn't it be good if we, the workers of said club would be transparant about ourselves to the public as well?" Moh-wa utters as she advanced forwards.

"After all, we journalists expose truths that are hidden so students will know how guilt-free the people who lead them are. Or in this kind of situation it should be..." Moh-wa pretends to think before eyeing Hanuel and spitting out the words.

"So the students will know how unclean the school media is."

_______________________________________

Ps. Sorry guys its a bit rushed huhu

I hope you liked the chapter:)

-Ria