Chapter 24

Chapter 24

    In winter, the lake is surrounded by water, and in the small pavilion with eaves and corners, two white figures stand and sit, harmonious and quiet.

    Ruan Mei wanted to see Fang Zhishui's expression, but she tried hard for a long time but couldn't understand it. She only saw Fang Zhishui stretch out her hand, took a biscuit, and looked at it carefully.

    Ruan Mei was a little scared when she looked at her so closely. Her level was very average, and she relied on everything to create an atmosphere, so she couldn't stand careful inspection at all!

    Seeing Fang Zhishui's slender fingers pinching the pink biscuit without moving for a long time, Ruan Mei was a little anxious.

    "You... do you want to eat?"

    She blinked her eyes when she spoke, and clasped her hands together unconsciously.

    Fang Zhishui raised his eyes to look at Ruan Mei, only to see the innocent eyes of the other party, with the simplest expectations.

    "...Well."

    Fang Zhishui put the biscuit into his mouth and chewed it slowly. She didn't like strawberry flavor before, and always liked matcha tea, but recently, she found strawberry flavor very attractive.

    Eating biscuits, she could almost imagine Ruan Mei busy in her small kitchen, wearing an apron, and her hands and cheeks were covered with flour when kneading the dough.

    It must be very cute...

    Fang Zhishui slowly finished eating, looked up to meet Ruan Mei's gaze, nodded and said,

    "The taste of strawberries is very sweet."

    Ruan Mei smiled, patted her head embarrassedly, and put the box of Everything pushed forward:

    "Then you can eat slowly, just pack up what you can't finish and take it back to your house. Well, that's all I want to give you, I made them myself, it's definitely better than not. Selling it outside...you mustn't dislike it!"

    Ruan Mei wrinkled her nose.

    Fang Zhi subconsciously reached out to touch the tip of her nose, but stopped it in time, and said with a deliberate smile,

    "Then why should I dislike it?"

    Ruan Mei's whole face collapsed quickly, and something sparkling began to brew in his eyes:

    "Really?"

    Fang Zhishui felt like he had accidentally broken valuables, and felt a pain in his heart like a needle stick, and hurriedly said:

    " Really? No, I'm joking! I like all of your gifts very much, and I like each one very much."

    Before the tears in Ruan's eyebrows could form, he laughed:

    "Haha, I'm also joking, just take a look. I know your expression, how could you dislike these, you obviously like it!"

    Fang Zhishui looked at Ruan Mei helplessly and laughed.

    Ruan's eyebrows were laughing crookedly, Fang Zhishui just watched quietly, with a smile on the corner of his mouth.

    After spending half the afternoon in the pavilion, the two of them ate up most of the desserts together, chatting about various topics from all over the world.

    After opening her heart, Ruan Mei found that Fang Zhishui was really a good chat partner, and she especially knew how to listen.

    No matter what topic Ruan Mei was talking about, Fang Zhishui knew a thing or two. He could pick up the conversation and ask questions at the right time, leading to Ruan Mei's deeper thoughts.