"Being a hunter isn't a job, Adam. It's life. You're pre-med. You got a girlfriend, friends?" Sam said, questioning, and Adam nods. "Not anymore you don't. If you're really gonna do this, you can't have those kinds of connections, ever. They're weaknesses. You'll just put those people in danger, get them killed." Sam explained while Dean looks away and I place my hand over his as we sit at the nearby table.

"That's the price we pay. You cut 'em out, and you don't look back. There's only one thing you can count on. Family." Sam continued. "Sam." Dean said and Sam looks over at him.

"Can I talk to you?" Dean as he gets up and goes over by the stairs, Sam follows him, leaving me alone with Adam. I look over at him and give a small smile. "They always argue?" Adam asked me and I let out a humorless laugh. "You have no idea." I respond. "Sometimes, I always have to get into the middle of them and stop them from trying to kill each other."

"Oh, so you're like some peacemaker?" He asked and I laugh alittle. "Something like that." I said. "So...how did you get involved with them?" Adam asked me. "I've known them all my life. My father and John had been partners from time to time until my father died. Then a few years ago, I teamed up with them." I said and Adam nods.

"Well...Sam called you Dean's girlfriend, is that true?" Adam asked me. "Yeah, it is." I said but then Sam comes up, annoyed. "Everything okay? Where's Dean?" I asked. "He just walked out. Can you go with him?" Sam asked and I sighed. "Yeah...I'll go babysit your brother." I said as I get up and walk out of the house just as Dean gets into the Impala.

"Wait up!" I called out and get into the passenger seat. "Babysitter (y/n) is here!" I said, sarcasm, and Dean rolls his eyes. "He asked you to come with me." He grumbles. "Yep...so where we going?" I asked him. "Gonna find what is hunting Adam." Dean replied as he starts up the Impala and we take off.

We .are our way into the cemetery and Dean opens the tomb. I turn on a flashlight and shine it around until I spot a loose stone. "Dean." I said as I pointed it out and Dean works it out of the wall with a crowbar, behind it there was a tunnel behind it. I shine the light along the tunnel. "Great." He groans and he crawls in and I follow.

At the far end of the tunnel is another room and I shine my light around. "Home sweet home." Dean said, snarkily, then we heard a noise on our feet. We looked down and saw a lot of blood that is next to a severed arm and a pair of large black glasses. Dean picks those up and looks at them.

"Sloppy Joe." he remarks and I make a noise of disgust. "Dean, don't ruin Sloppy Joe for me." I said then we hear something in the tunnel and Dean fires several times. The tunnel collapses.

"Oh, son of a bitch!" Dean yells and I try to make a call but no signal. "Damn it." I said and I turn to Dean. "No signal." I said and Dean growls. Then he kicks at the door out of the tomb, it remains sealed. I go to explore, pushing a skeleton out of the way with my foot and noticed that there is a sealed coffin with relatively fresh blood on the outside.

I open the coffin and gasped as I see that it is Kate Milligan, Adam's mother...well most of her as it seemed she had been eaten on. "Dean!" I said and he comes over to me and sees what I found. He goes and opens another coffin, this one has the corpse of Adam. "What the hell?!" I exclaimed while Dean puts a hand to Adam's mouth; there's quite a lot of blood. Both of us share a look of worry and fear. "Sam..." both of us said, fearfully.

"We got to get the hell outta here." Dean mutters. "Gee, you think?" I said, sarcastically, and we began to look around. Dean looks up then pats my shoulder and pointed up, where a stained-glass window was over us.

Dean breaks a long piece of metal off one of the coffins and tries to use it to pry the door open. It doesn't work. "Holy crap." he mutters then he and I go to stack one coffin on another, then stand on them, and use the metal bar to smash through the stained-glass window. Dean grabs the edge of the window and swings himself out then he turns around holds his hand out and helps me out.

We make our way back to Adam's house then enter inside of it and see Adam and Kate had tied Sam down on the table. "Hey!" Dean shouts as he aims his shotgun, fires and Adam hits the wall, a hole through his shoulder.

"Guys, they're ghouls!" Sam shouts and Dean pauses while Kate goes to charge at us. Anger filled my chest just as I raise my hand and she stops in mid-charge then I clench my hand, slowly, and she starts to choke. "Which means head-shot." Dean said and he goes to fight Adam.

Then I wave my hand and fling Kate off to the side. She lands and rolls on the floor while I grab a knife then I get on top of her and start to stab her in the head several times. She stops moving and I let out a breath while I hear a noise nearby. I turn my head to see Dean beating Adam's head in with a metal bar.

"Guys!" Sam said and Dean and I go over to Sam and we cut through the ropes and duct tape. I grab a couple towels on the way as I see that he has some cuts on his arms and a stab wound on his side. We help Sam sit up and I use the towels as pressure bandages. "Come on. Come on. Come on. Hang on." I murmur to Sam as I hold the towels to his wound.

"All right, here we go. Here we go. Hang on, buddy. All right." Dean mutters. "Thank you." Sam said, relieved. "That's what family's for, right?" Dean asked and Sam looks at him. "Keep pressure on that." I tell Sam and he holds it.

"You sure we should do this?" Sam asked after we wrapped Adam's body in sheets and laid it on a pyre. "Ghouls didn't fake those pictures. They didn't fake Dad's journal." Dean said as he opens a bottle of lighter fluid then sprinkles it over Adam.

"Adam was our brother. He died like a hunter. He deserves to go out like one." Dean said. "Maybe we can bring him back. Get a hold of Cas, call in a favor." I suggested but Dean shakes his head. "No, Adam's in a better place." he said and he lights a match and tosses it on the pyre, Adam's body goes up in flames.

"You know, I finally get why you and Dad butted heads so much. You two were practically the same person." Dean said to Sam. "I mean, I worshipped the guy, you know? I dressed like him, I acted like him, I listen to the same music. But you were more like him than I will ever be. And I see that now." Dean said as Sam looks at him, his brow furrowed a bit.

"I'll take that as a compliment." he said. "You take it any way you want." Dean said and we all watch Adam's body go up in flames and I take Dean's hand in mine, and I feel his hand squeezing mine.