"I don't know what happened. That trap...it shouldn't have broken. I am sorry." Castiel said and (y/n) shakes with anger. "Screw you!" (Y/n) spat, angrily, and she turns away from him as Sam comes up to Castiel. "This whole thing was pointless. You understand that? The demons aren't doing the hits. Something else is killing your soldiers." Sam growls as (y/n) heads back into Dean's room.

"Perhaps Alastair was lying." Castiel suggested. "No, he wasn't." Sam said then he goes back into Dean's room while Castiel stands there looking as though he has been slugged in the face.

Uriel sits on a bench, eyes closed, until Castiel appears. "Castiel, I received revelation from our superiors. Our brothers and sisters are dying and they...they want us to stop hunting the demon responsible." Uriel said as Castiel goes to sit down next to him.

"Something is wrong up there. I mean, can you feel it?" Uriel asked. "The murders. Maybe they aren't demonic. Sam Winchester said the demons had nothing to do with it." Castiel said. "If not the demons, what could it be?" Uriel asked him. "The will of heaven. We are failing, Uriel. We are losing the war. Perhaps the garrison is being punished." Castiel said.

"You think our father would—"

"I think maybe our father isn't giving the orders anymore. Maybe there is something wrong." Castiel said, interrupting Uriel. Then Uriel stands up. "Well, I won't wait to be gutted." he said and he vanishes.

That night, Castiel stands out in the snowy street and looks around. "Anna. Anna, please." He calls out then the streetlight above him flickers. "Hello, Castiel." A voice, that was not Anna's, said and he turns around to see a woman with short bright orange hair, a soft round face with big blue eyes standing behind him. She was wearing jeans, black knee-high boots, a purple t-shirt and a black vest, her arms were folded across her chest.

"Ariel? I thought you were dead." Castiel said to her, confused. "No, just stood by the sidelines...watching." She replied. "Then why are you here?" Castiel asked her. "Because if someone's breaking the seals to start what I think they are starting, then I need to be a part of this and stop it. Those seven angels that died were the ones that were gonna help me...." Ariel said and Castiel stares at her.

"And Anna is so far the only Angel that is on my side and I don't need you to come kill her." Ariel adds. "I promise, I'm alone." Castiel said, holding his arms out. "Then what did you want from her, Castiel?" Ariel asked him. "I'm considering disobedience." He said and Ariel continues to look him over then nods.

"Good." She said. "No, it isn't. For the first time, I feel..." Castiel said until he was lost for words. "It gets worse. Choosing your own course of action is confusing, terrifying." Ariel said, sounding like she had been through this before. “I don’t know what to do. Please tell me what to do.” Castiel pleads to her and she looks him in the eyes. “I’m sorry, but no one can tell you what to do. No one but yourself.” She said.

“But I…” Castiel tried to say, but he is cut off by Ariel. “It’s time for you to think for yourself, Castiel.” She said to him, sympathetically. Castiel looks down, seemingly at a loss. “I…I can’t.” He said, his voice trembling. 

Ariel steps closer, placing her hand on his cheek and raises his head to meet her gaze. She smiled at him, in a very motherly manner. “Of course you can.” She assured him. Castiel stares back, then she vanishes.

Back in the room they held Alastair in, Castiel examines the devil's trap. Then he notices the dripping faucet and shuts it off without touching it. "You called?" Uriel asked as he enters the room. "What do you say, Castiel? Will you join me? Will you fight with me?" Uriel asked as Castiel still looks at the devil's trap.