Death Takes A Holiday

Start from the beginning

"That so?" Dean asked. "I had this feeling—like angels were watching over me." Jim said then he pauses and I nod at him. I wouldn't expect you guys to understand." he said. "Well, we'll just have to try." I said.

"You wouldn't have happened to have swung by a crossroads in the past week or so?" Sam asked Jim. "No." Jim replied, confused. "Maybe you met someone? With black eyes? Or red?" Sam asked and Jim leans forward. "Who'd you guys say you were again?" he asked and the boys and I share a look.

"Never mind. Thank you for your time." Dean said as he gets up and leaves, Sam and I follow him.

That night, the boys and I were at the cemetery in front of a gravestone of a young boy, where we arranged five candles around a cloth, which had a pentacle drawn on it, that was spread over the grave. Sam puts a bundle of sticks in the center of the pentacle while Dean sits on another gravestone and flips through John's journal, I stand behind him looking over his shoulder at John's journal.

"You sure this is gonna work?" Dean asks and Sam and I look up. "No. But if his spirit's around, this should smoke him out." Sam said as he pours something into a bowl then Dean closes the journal.

"What?" Sam asked him. "This job is jacked, that's what." said Dean. "How so?" Sam asked. "You want me to gank a monster or torch a corpse, hey, let's light it up, right? But this? If we fix whatever this is, people are gonna start dropping dead. Good people." Dean exclaims and Sam stands up.

"Look, I don't want them to die, either, Dean, but there's a natural order." Sam said and I turn to him. "You're kidding, right?" I said, disbelieving. "What?" he asked. "You don't see the irony in that? I mean, Dean and I, we're like the poster couple of the unnatural order. All we do is ditch death." I said. "Yeah, but the normal rules don't really apply to us, do they?" Sam pointed out.

"We're no different than anybody else." Dean said. "(Y/n) and I are infected with demon blood. You've been to hell." Sam said and Dean looks away. "Look, I know you want to think of yourself as Joe the Plumber, Dean, but you're not. Neither am I and neither is (y/n). The sooner you accept that, the better off you're gonna be." Sam said and I raise an eyebrow at Sam. "Ah, Joe the Plumber was a douche." I said and Dean chuckles and Sam gives us an exasperated look. "You two gonna help me finish this?" he asked and Dean stands up.

"Hey!" A voice shouts and we look towards the voice to see a man carrying a flashlight. "What are you doing here?" he asked and the three of us stand there like a deer on headlights. 

"Just take it easy." Sam tries to assure the man as I glance at Dean. "What the hell is this?" The man asked us, angrily. "Okay, this—this—this is not what it looks like." I said, letting out a small laugh. "Really? 'Cause it looks like devil worship." the man accuses. "What? No! No, this is not devil worship. This—This is—this—this is, uh—" Dean stammers then he gives up. "I don't have a good answer." he said.

"We're leaving." said Sam. "You're not going anywhere." the man said and Sam and I frown as the man takes a few steps forward. "Ever again. Sam. (Y/n)." He said then he looks at Dean and his eyes go white. "Alastair." Dean said, shocked, as Alastair's eyes go back to human.

"I thought you got deep fried, extra-crispy." Dean said. "Nah. Just the pediatrician I was riding. His wife's still looking for him. It's hilarious. Anyway." Alastair said then he looks at me and Sam while I glare at the man, anger boiling in my chest.

"No time to chat. Got a hot date with death." He said and he flicks his hand and Dean goes flying across the graveyard and collides with the gravestone. "Dean!" Sam and I shout, panicked, and Alastair turns to me and I raise my hand to try and use my power but it only made Alastair stumble back a bit.