Chapter 43: what is a name when it is not?

Start from the beginning

He was currently at the mall with Yeonjun.

Well technically Taehyun dragged the older with him to said establishment considering that he wanted to cheer his hyung up by taking Yeonjun to the mall in an attempt to lift his spirit up.

"Should we go eat first?" Taehyun suggested, averting his gaze to Yeonjun.

"I dunno Tae, didn't we like ate before going? And it's still a few hours away from lunch." the older male spoke, glancing at the blonde haired boy.

"Oh yeah, we did..." Taehyun murmurs. "Well then where do you wanna go hyung?"

Yeonjun hums, looking around the endless stores that were scattered around the mall. "Hm well... Oh! Wooyoungie told me there's a newly opened cafe here. Why don't we check it out?"

Taehyun's eyes lit up before nodding. "Then let's go! Lead the way hyungie!"

The older male chuckles at Taehyun's eagerness before dragging the younger to the café Wooyoung had told him about.

THANXX CAFÉ was the name of the new place Wooyoung was talking about that opened just around the corner of the mall. Said cafe became very popular due to their food and drinks which were literally chefkisses and the aesthetic of the place was very instagram-able, according to Wooyoung.

As they finally arrived at the cafe, it was confirmed that said establishment was indeed very instagramable. Whether it was the outside or the inside.

"What should we order hyung?" Taehyun asked, eyes on the menu that had a very wide variety of food and drink options.

Yeonjun hums. "Well... Woo did say that their smoothies are good. And their waffles are too, should we get that?"

"Sure! I've been craving waffles for a while so let's get that," Taehyun says.

"Aww... I see Taehyunnie's sweet tooth is switched up to maximum," Yeonjun coos, ruffling the younger's hair.

The said younger pouts, although to be honest Taehyun was trying to be cute to at least cheer his hyung up. As much as he doesn't like doing aegyo-it wouldn't hurt to at least use it to cheer Yeonjun up, even if he was terrible at it.

Which is a hardcore lie.

"Exactly, now how 'bout I find a table while you order hyung? You okay with that?" Taehyun suggested.

Yeonjun smiles at him. "No problem."

+×+

"I swear why did I join the newspaper committee again? Ah, right because I like school gossip and other issues around the campus. But why does that have anything to do with having to report on weekends? That never makes sense I submitted my article yesterday." Moh-wa grumbles as she made her way towards the newspaper committee office.

For some reason the school really puts a lot of efforts on clubs that regard with the media such as the radio-broadcasting club and the newspaper committee rather than other clubs.

And for Hwa it reeks of favoritism, but then again the council gives fair amounts of attention to other clubs as well though.

Besides Moh-wa can't just assume. She works with writing news information, which means that there should be no biases on the article. The latter can't just assume things with no solid evidence.

She's a journalist, so her opinions won't be welcomed. She needs to be unbiased and shouldn't get swayed by her stand on a topic.

As the latter was now in front of the door, Hwa quickly twisted the knob and thrusted it open immediately greeted by the cold air of the air conditioner.

"Okay I'm here, what do y'all want from me?" the latter asked, quickly making her way to a room that had three people present.

"Bruh chill why so stressed?" a boy named Alex laughed, leaning against the swivel chair he was sitting on.

Hwa rolls her eyes. "Don't waste my time what do y'all want?"

Another boy, Jae said calmly. "We just wanted to ask a favor ftom you-"

"No," Moh-wa interrupts him.

"Aww c'mon Hwa, just one piece of info on the student council members-"

"As far as i know, Hanuel-ssi the SC members are very open for interviews." Moh-wa utters coldly, these three boys in front of her were part of the gossip blog of their school.

Hwa knows what they're capable of, there was one time they started a horrible fake rumor about a student. It spread like wildfire and it was so bad that the poor student dropped out of school.

They were three of the people that Hwa thinks blackmailed Soobin. Alongside the fact that they've been bugging her about giving information about the SC members committee.

The lattter's definitely telling Gyu about this now.

"But we want the private info-"

"You guys couldn't get any lower huh?" Moh-wa comments. "What makes you think that I have private information about the SC committee? Besides what you're asking me is invasion of privacy-"

Alex scoffed. "Wow! That's so rich coming from you. It's clear that you're defending them because they told you their secrets-"

"I am defending nobody here," Moh-wa states. "Besides it's not imvasion of privacy if a person tells them to you willingly. Not forces them to talk!"

"But we're clubmates! We help each other!" Jae exclaims.

"Yeah right, we are. But that doesn't mean I trust y'all," Moh-wa spats, she gives them a cold look. "Bye," she bids them farewell and walks out the conference room.

As the latter makes her way to the exit, Moh-wa spotted something at one of the cubicles.

Something that looks like a drone.

+×+

"Oh, Tyun?" Yeonjun calls the younger male.

Taehyun lifts his head to face his hyung, his mouth stuffed with waffles. "Hm?"

"Can you hold my phone? I have to use the bathroom for a sec," Yeonjun says.

The younger male nods as he swallowed his food. "Oh sure hyung, don't worry."

Yeonjun gives him a smile. "Thanks Tyun," he whispers as he hands his phone to Taehyun before making his way towards the bathroom.

As Taehyun averts his gaze to Yeonjun's phone, he notices that it was open on the messaging app.

Taehyun frowns because his Yeonjun-hyung would never leave his phone open and in the messaging app on that. Even if it was Taehyun or any of his friends, he usually leaves it off.

And Taehyun swears that he didn't do it on purpose.

He swears.

But on the most bottom part of the inbox he saw a message from Soobin that was from the day before they broke up.

From Soobinnie🐰❤️:

Soojun

Mon 4:32 A.M.

________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)

-Ria