|56|

|THIRD|

A rather chilly beginning of October evening. The second of the month and leaves are littering the ground. The red and orange colors are splayed across the green and browning grass.

The neighborhood looks like something out of a Michael Myers horror film. Or any Halloween horror movie honestly. Except the atmosphere of the street isn't scary at all.

In fact, the only thing that's even mildly scary is the look on Jania's face when she opens the door to find Hoseok standing there. His face is stoic and she looks pissed.

She closes the door and he puts his hand on it.

"Can you let me talk?"

"Can you get off my premises?"

"Jania, please. I need you to listen to me."

"For what? There's nothing left for us to talk about. I told you I didn't want to see you again."

"No you didn't. You said not to come back to the hospital. You're not there anymore."

"Clearly." She throws her arms out and he looks down at her stomach. He swallows thickly at the sight of her. Round and... she still looks firm. His heart picks up and skips in his chest.

It's 11 o'clock at night and she's in tiny shorts and a tank top. She's not wearing a bra and her nipples are beginning to peak from standing in the doorway.

Jani crosses her arms over her chest and stares at Hoseok. He looks from her chest to her stomach. When he looks back up at Jania, there's tears in his eyes. His voice is barely there at all as he speaks. It's all he can muster as he tries not to break down.

"I'm sorry."

The vulnerability in his tone is palpable. He's sick of himself. He hates himself. More than anything, he wishes that he could right his wrongs. He wishes that he could go back in time and fix things.

Jania curses herself for feeling the way that she does. And without her permission? She hates it. But even still, her lashes wet just the same as his.

"Why did we have to lose her, Hobi?"

"I don't know, Jah." He sniffles. Jania hugs herself to him and he walks her back into the house. It's starting to rain, pouring rather than starting out light and he doesn't want her to get wet.

With pained hearts and tear stained cheeks, Jania and Hoseok's lips brush.

"Why did you leave me?" She asks quietly.

"I was scared. I didn't want to lose her." His voice cracks. "This shit hurts, Jah. It doesn't get any better. It's never gonna get any better."

"My heart hurts, so bad."

"I know." His feels the exact sane way. "I'm sorry." He cups her cheeks as her fingers grip the sides of his shirt. "I'm so sorry."

He blames himself as he kisses her lightly. It's chaste, a twisted sense of security washes over both of them from. And they need this security.

Hoseok's arms wrap around her waist, pulling her flush against him. Well, as close as he can get her. He feels the firmness of her stomach against him and his eyebrows twitch.

He's not left to think about it too long before Jania is pulling at his belt. She rips it out of the loops and undoes the button on his jeans. His hands move to her butt, holding the weight of it loosely.

Her head rolls back as his kisses move there. Jania pulls him by his shirt, walking them back to her bedroom. Hoseok is harder than ever by the time they get there.