|97|

|HOSEOK|

"Buying a house in itself takes about five to six months. I mean, unless you've got $230,000 cash to just cough up and give the guy." Namjoon explains as he looks at the house on his laptop.

"$230,000?" Seokjin repeats. He looks from the laptop to me. "Are you drunk?"

"No." I remark. "I am not drunk. It's a really nice house and it's practically brand new. There's only one previous owner and when I called the realtor today, he said they're moving out of state because their daughter got accepted to UCLA."

"Damn." Namjoon nods and Seokjin's lips turn down as he looks impressed.

"Yeah, you're looking at about six months max to close on it." Namjoon reaffirms.

"I have 180k to put down. I'll only be financing 50k. I'll be able to pay all that plus whatever the interest is within a year or two after we move."

Thinking logically, this is the best route to go. Jania doesn't want to be here anymore and I want to get her and Mina out. I can't pay all of the money on the house and pay for the thousands of dollars in renovations without sacrificing the timeline of a 'couple years' for our time to leave. Either that or I'll have to risk not being able to open a store in the city we're moving to. That's not one that I'm willing to take. I want everything in order.

Things take time and even if I want to rush them along, not everything works on express. I've got money but I'm not a millionaire. And I'm not dipping into any savings for anything unless it's an absolute emergency.

Financing the 50k works for me. It's not like I'll be financing forever or that it's not going to get paid off. I'll have the money for it. It's just about priorities and growth right now.

"Then you're looking at 6 months for closing on it. After that, the renovations for the flooring is gonna take what? A few days?" Seokjin asks as he looks at London on the couch.

She fell asleep next to Minjoon but it was way past her nap time. She's been knocked out for an hour and a half. Minjoon's only been sleep for 30 minutes.

London sits up with a grumpy look on her face. She rubs her eyes and yawns before turning on her stomach to get off the couch. She stumbles a little as she walks over to my end of the table. I watch as she smacks my leg and raises her arms to be picked up.

I put her in my lap and she lays her head against my chest and falls back asleep. As I'm looking back at Seokjin to finish our conversation, Mina yells from her play mat.

She rolls over onto her stomach and kicks her legs as she looks at me. Her pacifier is spat out as she starts to cry.

"You're not serious." I deadpan. "You were just playing." I put London on my left thigh and reach down to pick my daughter up. Her crying becomes high pitched as her little eyes squint. Tiny tears form as her lip quivers.

"It's okay, Mina." I coo and wipe her cheeks. "I didn't forget about you. I thought you were playing with your toys." I hold her against me and she puts her head in my neck and grips the collar of my shirt. She sniffles as she cries harder and I rub her back.

London reaches over and pats her butt with a concerned look on her face. "Baba."

"She not hungry. She ate already."

"Babaaa!"

"She ate. Why you yelling at me?"

London frowns and looks at her dad. She points to Mina and he puts his hands out.

"What do you want me to do? She ate 20 minutes ago. She had a whole six ounce."

"Baba Dada!" She smacks the table and I raise my eyebrows.