|50|

|JANIA|
17 weeks, 1 day

Monday evening. The moment of truth. Hoseok and Namjoon planned this small get together for the revealing of the gender. My doctor called me this morning while Hobi was at work and told me the confirmed results of the blood test. I went and picked up the envelope with the results in them as well for dramatic affect.

Hoseok has been bugging me all day about whether or not my doctor called me. I just kept telling that he didn't yet. He told me to call him and I told him no. Then he asked for the doctor's office number and I told him that they wouldn't tell him anything anyway.

So now, this grown ass 25 year old man is sitting on the couch with his arms crossed and a frown on his face.

We're at Namjoon's parents house for the gathering. Nobody wants Yuki to do too much yet. We just want her to heal and relax so we brought the function to her.

There's a cake and food that was made by their parents. Hoseok's mom and dad are also here and they brought food as well. Yuki, Mrs. Jung and Namjoon's father all made me square pans of cornbread. I assume Hobi spilled the beans about my craving.

I've already eaten one pan.

We finished dinner a few moments ago and now we're leaving airing to dig into the cake.

"Is this color coded?" Namjoon's mother asks. "Oh, I'm nervous."

"It is color coded." Yuki affirms. "We have cupcakes too, though." She says as she grabs the tray of them. "Everybody take one and then we'll bite into them as Hoseok cuts the cake."

His eyes light up and he smiles. He looks to me and I keep my expression neutral. Even though he basically already knows, it doesn't make him any less excited at all to confirm it, see it for his own eyes.

He gets up from the couch and takes the knife from Yuki. Namjoon moves to the other of him with Yuki to allow room for me to stand next to him. He rocks Minjoon in his arms, keeping his son soothed while everyone gathers around the table for the cake cutting.

Hoseok's hand is trembling lightly as Mr. Kim holds his camera up to record.

"I'm scared." He says suddenly and everyone laughs.

"You were just pouting and having a silent tantrum a second ago. Cut the cake so I can see." His mother says. He smiles at her then at me. I grab onto his arm and smile back.

"Just cut it, babe."

Hoseok takes a deep breath as Yuki counts down. They all take a bite of their cupcake, (with the exception of Big Joon holding his son), as he cuts the cake.

He shouts in excitement as the pink colored inside shows. "I knew it! Oh my god!" He grins.

Everyone else cheers at the sight of the pink frosting in the middle of their cupcake. Hoseok hugs me as his eyes water. He closes them and the tears are squeezed from his lower lids, spilling over them.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." He sniffles and inevitably, my tears spill over as well.

"We did it together. Be quiet." I tell him through my tears. Hoseok grabs my face and kisses it making mw giggle as I cry.

"I swear I owe you the world, Jah. Everything, anything." He says to me softly. There's so much sincerity in his eyes that I really think he would give me anything I asked for. But I don't need all that. Nor do I want it.

"You're enough for me. You and our daughter." I say quietly. He smiles before kissing me again.

His mother waits for us to get our emotions with each other out before hugging us.