|15|

⚠️talk of abortion

|JANIA|

I wanted this. I was dead set on this. So why do I feel so shitty sitting in this office? It's just the consultation. Why do I feel so sick about being here? My stomach is in knots and I feel like I'm going to puke.

Hoseok squeezes my hand before I get up to walk back to the room. He can't come back with me but he can sit in the waiting room. The nurse hands me a cup to pee in and I go into the bathroom.

I pee, put the cup in the slot and then wash my hands. I'm led to a medical room and I sit in there and wait. I text Hoseok to tell him that I'm scared and he replies telling me that he is too.

Me too.
I hope we're making the right decision
I never meant for any of this to happen

It's not your fault. It takes two

It is. I'm sorry Jah
We can have a day in after. I called off work

That's very boyfriend material of you

Don't make me regret it

I'm joking.
Thank you Hobi

Bare minimum Jania

Is it though? Most men wouldn't even sit in the parking lot for things like this. They'd confirm that it was done and never talk to the woman again. So even if it is bare minimum,

I'm still grateful

Your standards are awful

You're exhibit A.

The door opens and the nurse comes in. She has a paper in her hand. The look that she gives me filled me with dread.

"So we got the paperwork that you emailed to us showing your four week gestational period. We run another test when you come in just to make sure. Uhm, from our tests and the telling of your last period, it looks like you're five weeks and six days currently. If we schedule the appointment today, with our next opening, it'll be over the six weeks. We won't be able to perform the procedure."

My heart sinks. That's not even possible. I take my phone out and go to my calendar. I had just gotten off of my period about three days before he told me about the trip. Which means that when we got there...

I was ovulating.

Fuck my life.

That explains why I was so damn horny. This was a set up. My own body betrayed me. I take great care of this bitch. How dare she?

We're supposed to leave for my birthday trip in two days. What am I supposed to do? God really hates me, doesn't he?

I listen to the nurse about how I should talk with my OB/GYN and schedule a prenatal appointment. As soon as she's done talking, I walk out of the room and to the waiting area. Hoseok's eyes are glued to the door as I walk through.

His eyes reach mine and he looks confused about me being out so quickly. I roll my eyes as I look away from him. He stands up and follows me out of the building.

"What happened?"

"I can't get it." I say as I open the door and get in the car. He pauses in step before walking again. He gets in the driver's seat and looks at me.