|41|

|JANIA|
14 weeks, 3 days

Nobody said that decorating a nursery was gonna be all this work. Not a single person has ever said this was gonna be so difficult. I started it a few days ago but got too tired to finish.

"Hobi, come help me!" I yell from the baby's room.

"What's wrong?" He shouts from the bedroom.

He just got out of the shower after getting out of work. It's almost 11. He's been getting out of work late from Foot Locker once or twice a week. He only works there three days out of the week. One of those days is usually a double shift.

Sometimes I feel like he's overworking himself. Then I remember that he only works at Foot Locker because he wants to, not because he has to. At first, it was for extra money but he doesn't need it anymore. He makes more than enough.

If he needed the break from work, he'd take it. I hope.

"I can't get this decal up." I tell him as he walks into the room. His hair is damp from being towel dried and he's only wearing nylon shorts.

"I want to put it up a little higher because it's a cloud but I'm not tall enough. You can reach your arms up, though." I hand the decal to him and he peels the back off.

"How much higher do you want it?"

"A little above your head. Like extend your arm halfway up and that should be enough."

"Like this?" He hovers over the spot that he would put it and I nod. He places the decal on the wall and smooths it out. We step back to look at it and puts his chin on my head.

"I'm gonna deck her whole closet out. Watch. Imma have her sneakers stacked by size. So all her crib shoes and then 2c, 3c, all that up until she's like two. And then imma resell them when she can't fit them anymore." He nods as we look into the closet. There are already boxes of diapers and wipes in them.

"You're gonna be hurt if we're not having a girl and we did all this."

"Nah, I have complete faith in this. I'm right. And even if I'm not, reselling this stuff will be nothing. Or donating it." Hoseok affirms.

"We should start buying other things then. Like soap and lotion, stuff like that." I say as I think. We can buy things that we can use either way.

"You know what kind you want to use? They have a lot of different baby brands."

"Dove. Dove baby. Their soap smells good. Their lotion too." I nod.

"You opening Dove bottles to sniff them ooorrr?" Hoseok jokes and I laugh.

"No. My dad has a bottle at my parents' house for London. If I had to keep her at night, I'd give her a bath before I put her down for the night."

"That was nice of you. Give her fuck ass parents less to do at night." He puts his hand on my stomach. I lean against him and stare at the crib.

Honestly, I never thought about making anything easier for Paris and Jin. I just knew they'd have to bathe her anyway so why not? It calmed her down and she really liked them. I never minded giving her baths. I actually enjoyed it.

London would try to eat the bubbles or be confused by them. Valid reaction.

"It wasn't about them." I admit. "I just liked giving her baths."

Hoseok seems to have no reaction as I turn to him. His hand rests on my lower back. He looks unsurprised at my confession.

"You're not as mean as you think you are." He says. "Everything you do is a direct response to everybody else doing fuck shit. Can't even blame you. Nobody can be mad at you for how you react to their bullshit. That doesn't even make sense."