|30|

|HOSEOK|

I check the time on my phone before looking back at Jania. She took her bra and sweater off as soon as we got to my house. She said that her bra was uncomfortable and that her nipples were sore.

I don't think the rings in them are going to last much longer if it keeps up. If she snags them while her breasts are sore, she's going to be in a lot more pain than she usually is.

She smacks her lips and scoots closer to me. I turn over to face her and she puts her face in my chest. My head hits the pillow and my phone dings, reminding me of why I'm up in the first place.

I roll my eyes and slide out from Jania's grasp. She pulls on the blankets for warmth, bringing them against her body. She looks comfortable and adorable the way she's sleeping.

My eyes trail to her stomach and I put my hand on it. This feels like a fever dream. It's surreal.

My phone starts buzzing in my pocket and I roll my eyes as I stand up. I put the blanket over Jania a little more and leave the house, making sure that the door is locked. Answering the phone as I get in the car, I go off.

"Why the fuck are you calling me back to back? Jah is sleep. It's not even 12 yet."

"Because you didn't answer when I called you the first time. I'm tryna make sure you're still coming."

"I'm on my way. Stop bugging my damn phone up."

"Whatever." She hangs up and I pull the phone from my ear.

I turn the ringer on and put it in my lap as I drive. I've been up since eight this morning and I have to be up at 6 tomorrow. I can't wait to get back home and let Jania lock her little ass around me.  

I pull into Leah's driveway and text her that I'm outside. She opens the front door and I lock my car before walking into her house. I stand in her living room and she walks into the kitchen.

"You can sit down or something."

"For what? Just let me see the papers so I can go. That's all I came for."

She comes back into the living room with an attitude. "So now I'm pregnant, you don't want nothing to do with me?"

"I didn't want anything to do with you before you even told me about it. I told you we was done after last time. Don't ever insinuate that I'd be a deadbeat. I am not your current child's father." I take the papers from her and read them.

The time adds up. She's not too far behind Jania in gestation.

"I want a DNA test. We'll go from there."

"It's too early for me to get one."

"You can get it at nine weeks. You got three and some change left." I tell her as my phone dings. I pull it from my pocket and look at it. It's Jah.

Leah watches me as I text her letting her know that I'm coming right back. I just had to step out for a minute. She woke up throwing up.

"I'll support you until then. After that, if it's not mine, this little sneaky link shit is over." I hand her the papers back and turn to leave.

"And if it is yours, then what? She can't be taking up all your time."

Realistically, that was stupid of her to say. Jania will always take up the majority of my free time. Especially now. She doesn't have anybody else to go to. And I'll be damned if she's being coddled by another man while she's pregnant with my child.

"I'll be over here when you need me. Anything outside of that, call your other baby daddy."

My phone starts ringing and I answer it.