|44|

|HOSEOK|
15 weeks, 2 days

How the fuck did I let time pass me by so quickly? I had one thing to keep track of and I couldn't do it. I mean, I was doing it. But with everything else that was going on, I forgot to make sure that the other person was keeping up with time, too.

Consequence of my own actions and now I'm sitting in a clinic pissed.

"Can you stop bouncing your leg? It's annoying." Leah speaks as she sits in the chair next to me. I sigh and stop bouncing my leg, tapping my fingers against my lap instead.

I'm supposed to be working right now but because I woke up to multiple missed calls from Leah, my production time has been pushed back. She called me twice last night and twice this morning.

I missed both of them last night after me and Jania went to sleep and another this morning. I heard it vibrating but I was too busy comforting Jania to answer it. She woke up kind of sad this morning. She wasn't crying but I could see it all in her face.

So we laid together in bed, enjoying the quiet of the morning. I held her in my arms and she laid against me while I massaged her skin. We shared small kisses and light touches. She just wanted to be close to me and I didn't mind at all.

We stayed laid up until my alarm went off to get up for work. I even laid a little longer just to make sure she went back to sleep. I was having a great morning. A beautiful morning.

Until I got in my car and checked my notifications from the night. I called Leah back and she was trying to argue and curse me out about battling Jania for my time. But I genuinely wasn't ignoring her. I was sleep.

Not to mention that I just saw her a few days ago. It was at like one in the morning and I stayed until four. I don't know why she's acting like she hasn't seen me in weeks. Having that thought reminded me of the DNA test. She said that since I was acting like I didn't want to be around her, she wouldn't go unless I went with her.

I do not have time for that petty shit. Nor do I have the patience so here we are.

"Can you at least act like you want to be here?"

"We're sitting in a clinic for a DNA test because I don't know if the baby you're having is mine. And I'm missing production time because you wanted to be bitter and drag me here with you instead of coming by yourself like the grown ass woman you are. You want me to lie?"

"Because you're not even the least bit excited about them at all. You haven't smiled or anything when they're brought up."

They. Them. Right. She's pregnant with twins.

"I'm not in the business of creating false hope for myself. I'm not getting excited about kids just to find out that they're not mine. You sound crazy as hell. And you on my ass yet you haven't denied, not even once, that there's a possibility that I'm not the father."

I really hope she's putting as much effort into hounding whoever this other man is that she's putting into hounding me. I'm going to assume that she isn't with the way she tries to blow my phone up.

"Because I know who the father of my babies are. We here because you want to be. Not me.

"I don't know who else you been fucking, Leah. Hence why we used a condom. It's not my fault that the shit broke. Why wouldn't I ask for a DNA test?"

"It feels like you tryna play me about the shit."

"What you do with your body is your business. But it doesn't make sense for you to get mad about me asking for a DNA test when you know the type of life you live. I'm not judging you about shit. I don't give a fuck. But come on now. Use your brain."