|57|

|THIRD|

An exhausted man gets off from work and steps foot into his family's home. His body is filled with energy but not the kind that he prefers or that anyone would prefer, really. He's anxious. Anxious and extremely nervous. He's been feeling this way for about three days.

Since Namjoon ate brunch with Jania and went to see Hoseok, a lot has been on his mind. It worsened when he got the text back from Seokjin.

While everything is still unconfirmed, the weight of it is heavy on his mind. It's possible yet leaning more toward completely plausible and true.

And Namjoon is tired of keeping so many things from his wife. No matter how much it can be argued that it's not his business, he still carries the burden of knowing. And now he needs advice and help from his wife on how to go about having the conversation. But in order to do that, he has to actually open his mouth to update her about everything.

"Hey, honey." Yuki greets Namjoon from the kitchen as she stirs the pot of rice with her right hand. In her left is Minjoon cradled comfortably as he nurses.

"Hey, baby." Namjoon takes his shoes off and walks over to kiss his wife. "How was today for you? Are you feeling good?" He bends to kiss his son's forehead and the baby boy's eyelashes flutter.

"Mhm. My back doesn't really hurt too bad anymore and I pumped a bit more today than I did the last two days."

"That's wonderful, baby." He mumbles, unbuttoning his work shirt and pulls it from his arms. He tosses it over his shoulder as he looks into the pot.

Yuki looks her husband up and down and then in his face. "What's wrong?"

"Hm?"

"What's wrong? You seem tense." She puts the wooden spoon down and rubs his back. Sure enough, his muscles feel tense and stiff. It could just be from work but she knows better than that.

Namjoon tends to tense up more, the more stressed that he becomes. It has to be something almost overwhelming for him to feel like this. Something isn't right.

"There's something we have to talk about." He says as he stares into the pot. Yuki's eyebrows twitch and her hand stops rubbing his back.

Namjoon looks over at her immediately as he realizes how that sounded. His wife's face is blank but the look in her eye could go either way.

"It's nothing.. that I did. I mean, kind of but it's about Hoseok and Jania."

"Oh. What is it? Did something else happen?" Her eyebrows furrow as she becomes concerned. "Are they okay? Is Jah? Should I call her?"

"No, it's fine. I mean, it's not fine. But nothing else happened. I just-." He takes a deep, gathering his thoughts before sighing. "I knew about the other girl."

Yuki's eyebrows twitch as she blinks. "What do you mean?"

Namjoon's mouth opens as he watches the expression on his wife's face change. That gives away what he's talking about and her hand drops from his skin.

"What do you mean, Namjoon?"

"Hoseok called me when he found out about the other woman possibly being pregnant with his child... Children." He corrects himself.

"And you didn't tell her why? You didn't say anything at all, why?"

"Because I didn't think that this would drag like this and turn into this mess. I thought it could work itself out and that it's be quick and over with. I didn't think that it would go on for so long nor did I think that it's ultimately end like this."