|59|

|THIRD|

At 8:30 in the morning, Jania walks into the doctor's office. She checks in at the desk and sits in the chair with a heavy sigh. She hears the door to the office click open and glances over as she takes her phone out of her pocket.

Hoseok walks in and looks around until his eyes set on her. It's a glance before he averts his eyes. He sits two chairs down from her and checks the time. The doctor should be calling her back any second now.

He rubs the skin of his fingers as they wait patiently. Well, kind of patiently.

Hoseok's leg is bouncing and the urge to puff the vape that's in his pocket is getting to him. He's filled to the brim with anxiety and can't wait to get back into the ultrasound room.

He didn't go to the appointment to confirm her pregnancy again. He wasn't told about it since it would seem redundant. The only person in denial or skeptical about her still being pregnant was her.

Jania was weighed, she gave three blood samples and she peed in a cup. Her pregnancy was confirmed and they also pulled her medical records from the emergency room. They confirmed that her hormones were a little below what they need to be but higher than what they were.

They prescribed progesterone that Jania will have to take until she hits her third trimester. Her blood will be tested again periodically to make sure that they're where they need to be and steady.

An ultrasound appointment was also made to confirm the gestational period and check on the baby. Yuki told Jania that while she could attend, it would be better for Hoseok to be there for this one. It's his daughter, after all and he's been worried sick about both of them since the night she bust Leah's windows out.

His bail was set at $1000 because of the aggression noted at the scene of the crime. His court date is on the eleventh and his lawyer said that due to his squeaky clean record and the basis of emotional distress, he'll more than likely be fined and have to pay for the damages done to her car.

Shelling out the money is nothing to his bank account. It's the fact that he has to do it in the first. He doesn't feel like he should pay her a damn dime for anything. She disrespected his unborn child who she thought to be deceased. Had she not been pregnant, he'd have wished for Jania to crack her upside the head with the damn bat.

But both women are carrying innocent lives so he guesses what's been done is enough to suffice... for now.

Jania has it in her mind that after they drop their babies, she wants her fair one. She wants her opportunity to thrash Leah all up and down her own street. Shit, maybe even in her own house.

She is past the point of caring.

"Jania." The nurse calls her name and she gets up at the same time as Hoseok.

They walk into the back where she's weighed and led to the ultrasound room. She's lays onto the table and the nurse asks her to lift her shirt up. When Hoseok sees her naked stomach in the light of the day, his lips slight part.

She's so much bigger. How could she have grown so fast? It's only been a month and already she's like this? He wonders if they'll be able to catch any of the new things that she's doing.

Hoseok has still been reading the weekly baby growth in the app that he has in his phone. It's very insightful and he loves learning what she'll be doing step by step.

"Okay, Mom. It looks like you're measuring 21 weeks, so right on track. Do you guys know the gender already or did you want to wait?"

"We already know. It's a girl." Jania tells her.