|38|

|JANIA|
11 weeks, 4 days

"Jania, you got two at table seven."

"Alright. Thank you." I call to the Host as he walks back to the podium.

"You feeling okay, Jah?" My manager asks as he temp checks some steaks ready to go out.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm trying not to inhale too much back here."

She laughs at my admittance.

"If you start feeling sick, let me know, honey. Go out and take a breather, grab some water, okay?"

"I will. Thank you." I pick up the trays of food for table five and take them out to the front. I slide past another waitress with an 'excuse me' and she side steps.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the staff have caught on to the fact that I'm pregnant. Neither me or my manager have said anything about it to anyone, though. And they know better than to ask if it's not mentioned. They mind their business about me to my face and ask everybody about it later.

I walk to table five and set their plates down in front of them.

"Here's your steak and mashed potatoes with asparagus."

"Thank you."

"Of course. And here's your hillbilly cheeseburger and fries, no onion, extra cheese. Do you guys need refills on those drinks or would you like different ones?"

"Oh, refills please." They say politely as they hand the cups to me.

"Okay. I'll be back in a minute with new cups of lemonade and Pepsi for you." I say with a smile.

Today has been a pretty great day so far. I worked the morning shift yesterday and Hoseok did a double  at Foot Locker so I didn't see much of him at all.

He called me on his lunch and one of his breaks though. He told me that he had to work through the second one because they got busy. It wasn't anything that I was mad about. Did I want to talk to him? Yes. But he was busy and I understood that.

Today he's working on custom orders so he's on his own time. Still on the clock and has his own deadlines to meet but he has a little more leeway. I'm off in two hours and I just want to go home. My feet and back hurt from all this walking around and I want a massage so bad.

I walk the empty cups to the back and grab clean ones. I fill them with ice before adding the lemonade and Pepsi to them.

I walk them back out, checking on tables four and six  as I go. They're all set so I go straight to table seven to take their drink and appetizer orders.

"Sorry for the wait, guys. My name's Jania, I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with any drinks?"

The enthusiasm in my voice lessens to a dull tone as the sentence goes on. Why did I take this section? I just had to be nice and switch.

"I didn't know you were working tonight." Paris says.

"You never know when I'm working. I don't keep tabs on telling you. What can I get you to drink?"

"Yeah but you had a schedule. Did you change it?"

"I've worked full time since I started here. My schedule varies without an issue since I don't have any extracurricular responsibilities. Your drink?"

"I'll take a strawberry Fanta." Seokjin says and I write it down.

"And for you?"

"Coca Cola, no ice. Mom said she hasn't heard from you in a while. You haven't called or anything."